2nd Follow up appointment

skyjem
on 12/9/11 5:21 am - Canada
Hi everyone,
I had my second post-op appointment today and everything looks great. I'm also back at the Windsor Assessment centre. Which I'm happy about.
Not having to deal with Hamilton's expensive and elusive parking. Not having to deal with certain staff members (Dr. Gmora is not on my list, he's awesome). Not having to spend 6 plus hours on the road. 2.5 hours vs. 6 plus.
I'm still on full fluids until Dec. 19th. For the most part I'm okay with being around people who are eating. I don't know if I want to be in a room with 20 people chowing down on Christmas day, while I'm on pureed food. I'll see how I feel.
My incisions are almost invisible, thanks again Dr. G and of course my genes.
My weight loss is 34.6lbs from the start of optifast. 20.4lbs from surgery on Nov. 19th. Dr. S in Windsor is happy  and so am I.
I'm still not cleared to lift heavy things but If I want to and it feels okay I can start working on my abs. I think I'll hold off and wait for the full six weeks, because as I'm sitting here my largest incision is pinching a bit. I'm walking about 20 minutes a day and doing resistance training on my arms & legs. I can't wait until I restart doing yoga & pilates.
I think that's everything. Till next time,
Nadia
Moselle
on 12/9/11 5:25 am - Athens, Canada
Sounds like you are doing great.  Way to go Nadia.  Keep up the good work.
skyjem
on 12/9/11 6:27 am - Canada
Thank you. I'm following the guidelines and doing the best that I can.

Monica M.
on 12/9/11 5:57 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Awesome, Nadia! congrarts on your success so far.

skyjem
on 12/9/11 6:27 am - Canada
Thank you!

Moselle
on 12/9/11 7:21 am - Athens, Canada
Our best is all that any of us can do.  It gets a little easier everyday.  You'll do great.
aprilbennett1965
on 12/9/11 8:02 am - Canada
Sounds like you are doing wonderful Nadia.Keep up the great work!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

skyjem
on 12/10/11 1:29 am - Canada
Thanks!

JJ_
on 12/9/11 8:40 am
 Congrats on your success to date Nadia  

Judy
skyjem
on 12/10/11 1:29 am - Canada
Thanks!

Most Active