how do you stay on track?

Teasha H.
on 12/11/11 10:51 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Great, that's what I thought but now I know for sure.  One more thing is it asks sometimes for something gum, what is that?
Loved chatting, thanks.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 9:21 pm - Canada
Guar Gum is a thickener.  You can find it at bulk food stores. 
aprilbennett1965
on 12/11/11 11:19 am - Canada
I agree with Brenda...I am glad you had the courage to ask for help Teasha. I find all of the questions we pose and the answers we are given bring us one step further to the tracks.  Good luck with getting the train back to the station.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/11/11 11:45 am - Windsor, Canada
On December 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM Pacific Time, Teasha H. wrote:
I posted earlier about using ketos strips thinking that maybe that would help me stay on track.  The truth of the matter is, I don't know how to stay focused and I am so frustrated because I see the people of my friends list kicking butt and dropping the pounds like crazy/  I have two cookbooks that are suppose to help me figure out what to eat but I suck at cooking and half the ingredients I've never even heard of.  Today it's been salsa and nachos and last night I even went to DQ and made myself feel really ill.  I didn't do this surgery to fail I just don't know where to go to get back on track :( 
Look up egg bites and baked ricotta on eggface's site. Super easy to make. Get a crockpot and do chili too. When I'm doubt there are many companies that serve precooked chicken, blur
Menu has great flaxseed chicken and Nuke some veggies.

Planning is KEY.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail..... And hun, you are far too precious to let that happen

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Teasha H.
on 12/11/11 12:15 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks Dawn
Loved chatting, thanks.
irol770
on 12/12/11 12:53 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
My diet ebbs and flows.  I go through periods of eating really well all of the time, and then fall back a bit and don't eat so well.  And when I'm not eating so well, it is hard to get back on track.  I find that planning meals really makes a different.  My kids are at ages where they come and go constantly, eat at all hours and rarely sit down to eat whatever I prepare for dinner.  So I'm finding it harder to actually make a meal rather than grab something quick.  But if it is planned for, then it makes it easier.  And it doesn't have to be extravagant.  I don't do cookbooks.  Yes I like good food, but I also like quick and easy.  And I don't want to go through a whole production just to make something to eat.  So sometimes I will just have a can of soup or a store bought salad with a grilled chicken breast.  That's okay. 

Another thing that I find that helps is recording every single thing you eat along with the calorie and protein count.  Sometimes you are surprised to see what you are putting in your mouth that you may do without thought...a taste of something someone brought to work, tasting food as you cook it, a snack you grabbed in the grocery store while you shoppped, etc.  And somehow recording it makes it "real" so you really feel accountable.  It makes you not want to eat those taco chips because then you have to write it down, and worse yet, figure out how many calories it was!

I think most people fall off the wagon every now and again.  But tomorrow is always another day.  And as long as you committ to getting back on track, then all is not lost.  Don't worry about what is already done, just make a new plan for what you are going to do at your next meal.

Glitter Text Generator

Moselle
on 12/12/11 1:59 am - Athens, Canada

Forgive yourself for the past because you can't change it, learn from your mistakes and be determined to make good choices in the future.

Your tool will help you if you work with it, but it is only a tool you have to plan your meals, take your vitamins and supplements and drink your water. Tracking my food helps me on track.

Good luck - you can do this!

Lynette1962
on 12/12/11 2:23 am - Whitby, Canada
 Lots of great suggestions already mentioned.........don't forget that the dietation/nutritionist at your hospital is also a resource for you. 

I am proud of you for posting on the "what are you doing/eating today" board....that will help you stay on track.

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Mary A.
on 12/12/11 4:16 am
you need some inspirational type cards..something that talks about success and have a new one everyday.

as long as you realize that you have slipepd which obviously you have..then pick yourself up and get back on teh program...attend a local support group meeting and don;t miss any..I found those very helpful especially in the beginning.

don;t EVER wear anything with elastic waistbands they are not helpful to keeping weight off.

find an exercise buddy and have them make you accountable..and if you haven't already...get rid of the CRAP food in your house. 

Sorry but hopefully making yourself feel really ill will be constructive, hopefully it clicks into your brain that you truly don't want to feel like that again..my thoughts even almost 3 years post-op, is that you are in charge of what goes into your mouth and you are accountable ONLY to you.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Teasha H.
on 12/12/11 6:36 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks so much for all the feedback I really appreciate it.  I wish some of you lived closer, it seems it's really hard to get together with people as everyone is so busy, especially this time of year.
Loved chatting, thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics