how do you stay on track?

Teasha H.
on 12/11/11 8:46 am - north of Barrie, Canada
I posted earlier about using ketos strips thinking that maybe that would help me stay on track.  The truth of the matter is, I don't know how to stay focused and I am so frustrated because I see the people of my friends list kicking butt and dropping the pounds like crazy/  I have two cookbooks that are suppose to help me figure out what to eat but I suck at cooking and half the ingredients I've never even heard of.  Today it's been salsa and nachos and last night I even went to DQ and made myself feel really ill.  I didn't do this surgery to fail I just don't know where to go to get back on track :( 
Loved chatting, thanks.
Karen M.
on 12/11/11 8:53 am - Mississauga, Canada
Nachos and DQ?  Good gawd.

Make a daily plan of what you're going to eat at each meal and snack and stick to it.
Join in the "what are you eating today" thread to get advice and ideas.
Protein, protein, protein.  And then some more.

Ketone sticks aren't going to make you stay on track - YOU are.  It's a choice.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Teasha H.
on 12/11/11 8:58 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks Karen, I sure wish we lived closer because I could sure use someone to visit with that has been doing this for awhile.
Loved chatting, thanks.
Karen M.
on 12/11/11 9:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
This forum is a good resource Teasha - post and ask questions, like you did today. And I mean it about the "what are you eating" thread.  It really helps.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 9:00 am - Canada
Plan, plan, plan.

I was having trouble last week - just eating way too many carbs and indulging in "treats". Then it dawned on me...I wouldn't have trouble with them if I didn't buy them! Duh! So I stopped. I went grocery shopping with a list. I've planned meals & snacks for the week. I even added veggies - zucchini & cabbage. I can still only eat cooked veggies but it's a start.

For low carb ideas I browse the recipe forum here and go to Lindas Low Carb site (google Lindas low carb). She has great ideas & you don't need great cooking skills either!
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 9:02 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
You don't have to be a very good cook to make meat and veggies.  Or you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and pick all the meat off and you will have a ****load of meals and then just cook up some fresh veggies.  Boiled eggs are easy to make, opening a can of tuna or salmon is easy, rolling up lunch meat and cheese is easy.  If you can do salsa and nachos then you can do any of the above.  I make a daily plan and I try to stick with it.  Sometimes I make small changes but not necessarily bad choices.  I may decide to have a latte instead of a planned apple and piece of cheese.
Catw
on 12/11/11 9:29 am - Arnprior, Canada
 OK, you fell off the wagon a bit, now it's time to get back on.  You just need to get back to basics.  Start with your food journal.  Write everything down.  I do agree with the others, go on the "what are you eating today" thread, and put your plans in.  Just because you don't match your plan for the day, doesn't mean the end of the world.  And cook basic things, no fancy recipes.  Look for ideas on teh what are you eating today thread, it will be better ideas than from a cookbook.  And there is an eggface website that has good recipes with real ingreadiants on it too.

As for how everyone else does, don't worry about that , we lose weight at our own rates, not anyone elses.  And if you need it, post a thread for support, no shame in that.  We all know what you are going through, as we've all been there.  Remember you are not alone, even if we aren't in the same city.

Good Luck
Cathy

Brenda T.
on 12/11/11 9:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm proud that you asked for help. It reminds us pre ops about the need to plan.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Teasha H.
on 12/11/11 10:21 am - north of Barrie, Canada
thanks for all your feedback and support and Simona P. that site is amazing I am copying and pasting and printing thigs off and I am going to prepare for the week. Thanks so much the ingredients in Lindas post are things I understand. One question what is heavy cream? Sounds fatty???
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 10:30 am - Canada
Heavy cream is whipping cream (35% milk fat). It's fatty but most recipes call for small amounts - what I do sometimes for savory dishes/recipes is use 1/2 the amount listed and the other 1/2 I'll use skim milk or water.
Most Active
Recent Topics