Surgery Date Picked!

hjoanneg9000
on 12/16/11 11:25 am - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 10/02/12
 Jan 25th  East General

But, have to have anesthetist appt, abd U/S and cardiologist appt b4 then....and lose 15 - 30 lbs.

I react very badly to Optifast, so I will be using the vegan complete protein from Pure Advantage...approved by Katie (the dietician).
http://store.veganessentials.com/vegan-complete-meal-replace ment-protein-powder-by-pure-advantage--14-lb-jug-p1107.aspx 

Am panicking a little, but I just need to take one step, one moment, mindfully.

PS  I have changed my avatar ...but this old one still shows.  No idea why.
Heather

Heidi S.
on 12/16/11 12:47 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Congratulations on your date. Everything will go smoothly and all work out right. As you said " I just need to take one step, one moment, mindfully.'

What happened with the Opitfast? Did they say why you had a reaction?

Merry Christmas
Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

hjoanneg9000
on 12/16/11 6:25 pm - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 10/02/12
 I don't tolerate milk well to start with, so on my appt with the dietician I told her about it and asked for a sample packet to see if it would give me the same rxn.  Sure enough, I had the same rxn...amplified..because of the high concentration.

Here are my rxns to milk protein - casein  (not milk sugar - lactose):  belly cramps, diarrhea, rosacea; then painful joints, headache, muscle pain;  then a sudden dip in mood.  It takes a couple of days to recover.  So I talked to Katie about the vegan supplement and she was happy with it.

The optifast is purified milk protein with added vits.
Heather

monique_lite2b
on 12/16/11 9:08 pm - North Bay, Canada
Hi Heather,

Who is your surgeon at East General?  We have things in common!  I am also from North Bay and had my surgery at East General November 1st.  Everything went perfect there.  Very nice nurses especially "Flo".  I had Doctor Aarts (who was awesome).  Good luck on the 25th and with the vegan shake. 
Monique

Referral - Sept.23.2010, Orientation - June 8.2010, Nurse&S.W. -  July 28.2011, Nutrition Class -    Aug.2.2011, Nutritionist -  Sept.13.2011, Psych - Sept.15.2011, Surgeon -  Oct.21.2011, Surgery - November 1, 2011.                        
Toni B.
on 12/16/11 9:58 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Congrats on getting your date Heather! I think the little bit of pre-panic is totally normal.. I haven't started to panic yet myself, but I think after the hustle and bustle of the holidays is behind me and the Optifast starts, I will be slowly succumbing to a little bit of it too... but like you say, one step at a time...

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tammy G.
on 12/17/11 2:48 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
Awesome news indeed Heather, and glad to have a surgery buddy going in.  I assume you met with Dr. Aarts yesterday.....she told me that they do 2 surgerys per day, so if that is the case, that means it's just you and I.  
Did they tell you, you had to lose that amount of weight?  I wasn't given an amount but that may be because I am taking the optifast and they assume I will lose weight prior to surgery.  Looking forward to our journey.

Tammy

Tammy 

StevesGal
on 12/17/11 7:10 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congrats, Heather!

(Sometimes the avatar takes time to change, and often everyone else can see if before you can.)

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Brenda T.
on 12/17/11 9:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on getting your date!! All the best with your journey.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics