Why can't I sleep

HaroldC
on 12/28/11 8:49 pm - Canada
I am 10 days post op and have not been able to sleep past 5am.
Is this normal?
Help.....
Catw
on 12/28/11 9:46 pm - Arnprior, Canada
It seems to be normal, when I was around that time, I had a hard time sleeping too.  I think it's our body adjusting to what we did to it.  Even if I was drowsy, naps were not possible either.  This will pass, don't worry about it.  Best you can do is rest, and make sure you're drinking lots.

Cathy

HaroldC
on 12/28/11 9:56 pm - Canada
Thanks, will od.

Happy Holidays.
samtq
on 12/28/11 10:01 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 I had a hard time sleeping as well and I think it was just the excitement and anticipation of what was to come.  Face it, this is life changing and UBER exciting!!!  You will settle in to your "new normal" very soon.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Gabygee
on 12/29/11 12:08 am - Canada
I STILL have a hard time sleeping, and it's been 9 months.

There's definitely a correlation between the surgery, the changes in our metabolism, and the quality/duration of sleep required.
 .... I thought it might be hormonal changes, but with guys I honestly don't know ...

It's getting better slowly now, but the first 6 months were all over the map.

JJ_
on 12/29/11 3:11 am
I have an afternoon snooze and sleep from about 11 p.m. or midnight until 5 or 6 a.m.   My body is healing and if I feel tired, I sleep.

Each morning I usually have some objective that I want to achieve.  Then I get tired sometime after lunch.  Today I will probably sleep around 3 p.m.

Good luck!

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 8:12 pm
RNY on 10/27/09 with
I think alot of us suffer from this now.  I'm usually awake at 2am and can't fall back to sleep until 4am....then up at 6am for work.   I asked my doctor to prescribed me Trazadone...I love it!  Puts me to sleep and keeps me there.

Dee :)

edited:....and I don't feel groggy the next moring with that Rx :)
Most Active
Recent Topics