So annoyed with this!!

on_my_way2011
on 1/3/12 6:10 pm - Canada
I have had this since surgery too.  I rarely had hiccups before surgery (once or twice a year), but I had them chronically during optifast!!

The surgeon suggested I was eating just slightly too much, so I cut my food intake considerably for a week or so and it didn't help.  Now that I eat snacks (other than protein shakes) I notice that it happens whenever I eat regardless of how much.  Any time food goes into my pouch, even just a mouthful, I hiccup within a half hour.

I am three months out and no sign of it stopping!  I have gotten used to it...although they are loud and embarassing once in a while, most people that I eat around are used to it too!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Monica M.
on 1/3/12 7:39 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah, hiccups suck. I get them when i've eaten enough.

Congrats on the 60 lbs!!

JJ_
on 1/3/12 8:09 pm

Congrats on the 60 lbs. lost!!

I don`t have hiccups.  If I ingest too much air, I burp and it is gone.  I also love the gurgling noises of my intestines. LOL

Judy

ToNewBeginnings
on 1/3/12 9:03 pm
60 lbs is great! Good for you.
jdance
on 1/3/12 9:59 pm - Canada

I hiccup all the time when I'm full.
that's my sign to stop. I Usually listen to it.

Way to go on the 60lbs. Big congrats.
J

Brenda T.
on 1/3/12 11:20 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That is awesome about the 60 lbs!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

irol770
on 1/4/12 12:40 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I start hiccupping when I am full.  It starts with this weird, large hiccup that sounds like pteradactyl or something!!!  LOL  My kids and husband laugh and make fun but I don't mind.  Then I hiccup a bit and then I'm done.  I do get the hiccups occasionally when I'm not eating...more than I used to before surgery, but again it is just a small annoyance compared to what I've received in return!  When I'm at work or at a restaurant I just try to stifle my loud hiccup as much as possible, but otherwise I don't let it bother me.

Congrats on the 60 lbs lost!!!!  Keep up the good work!
Glitter Text Generator

Jennifer D.
on 1/4/12 1:25 am
As Pat said, hiccuping, runny nose and sneezing ater eating are all connected to the vagus nerve. Google it. It's funny when you think about it, an outward sign that you're full.
Most Active
Recent Topics