Another one for CBC's Marketplace - Poor Customer Service

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/12 5:08 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
May I please nominate the Shoppers Drug Mart at Richmond Road and Carling Avenue in Ottawa for this TV show?

I know the TV show is over, watched it last night, but it's ironic I was watching it after my lousy experience of customer service at the above identified SDM.

I asked the pharmacy clerk if they carried Isopure Protein Water, as I could not see it on the shelf.  She did not know, but asked the pharmacist, who was standing right there.  The pharmacist said "no".  Nothing else, just "no".  I politely proceeded to ask if they ever carried it.  "No", it's a special order".  Me:  Would you let me know the price if you could order it? 

"NO".  Nothing else, just "NO".

Yaknow?  I'm still so ticked about this, I'm sending a copy to SDM headquarters. 

Too bad, really, as I would have ordered it, a special item, and paid for it, consistently.

Lousy service.

Please inform the CBC -- another one bites the dust.

*grin*

mmm
aka Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 5:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I hate our local SDM and their pharmacist I'd like to kick him in the head for exactly this same attitude.  Walmart also carries Isopure as does Zellers.  Both of them keep in the pharmacy section so if you ever go to either, check it out there and hopefully you get better Customer Service than you did at Shopper's.
chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/12 5:15 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
I'd aim my kick lower, but that's just me.  :)

Thanks for the options -- I appreciate it.

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 5:27 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
For me it would more to wipe the smug look off his face.  I just can't stand going to the pharmacy there.  I like the rest of the store but the pharmacy section, forget it.  I was looking for something OTC but couldn't find it so I asked the pharmacist and he was so snarly, I told him to forget it and I'd go to another drug store that actually appreciates my business and walked out and left all the other stuff I had picked up right there in front of him.
chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/12 11:14 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Good for you!

I've sent a scathing email to SDM HQ and received a generic email acknowledgement.  It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

(I'm thinking a free case of Isopure would soothe my injured feelings. )

mmm

MisterDiminishing
on 1/7/12 5:18 am - Windsor, Canada
I would bring this to the attention of whomever owns the franchise for that location. It's usually on a plaque or in a frame somewhere near the pharmacy or main checkout. One or two employees with a bad attitude can cause irreparable damage, and at a business this large the owner often is unaware incidents like this occur.

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/12 5:21 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Good advice -- thank you. 

I'll have to rethink my decision never to darken their (automatic) doors again.

mmm

on_my_way2011
on 1/7/12 11:29 am - Canada
That is funny because the only person I hate dealing with at my local Shoppers IS the owner!  She is nasty and rude...but everyone else there is wonderful.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

C. McMillan
on 1/7/12 7:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Zellers Bayshore Shopping center stocks Isopure.  I bought some there.

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/12 11:10 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Thank you!  That's good to know;  I may head there tomorrow.

mmm

Most Active
Recent Topics