RnY revisied

bellacherie
on 1/9/12 8:19 am - Alanson, MI
i guess i mean getting your Rny pouch tightened , any luck, one had this done, isnt this what an ERNY is????
RnY 09/09/11
waiting for approval of DS
HW - 242     LW-137    CW - 195    
PatXYZ
on 1/10/12 1:41 am
Are you interested in revising your RNY?

I don't believe it is possible to tighten the pouch, and most people needing revision don't have an enlarged pouch anyway. What people sometimes have is an enlarged stoma - the opening from the pouch into the small intestine. This causes food to slide directly into the intestine and leaves people in a constant state of hunger with no satisfaction. What may be able to be done, is to tighten the stoma, though this carries risks of stricture and is often not very successful.

An ERNY is when the intestines are rearranged to give different and greater malabsorption than what the RNY has. It is similar to the bypass seen in people with the DS. It is usually not an advisable revision as you have a lot of malabsorption, but not a large enough stomach to take-in enough caloried and supplements that the malabsorption demands and it can cause problems with nutrient deficiencies. A better revision is to revise from RNY to the DS, which turns your pouch back into a reular stomach, and then reduces the size of the stomach to be similar to the gastric sleeve (VSG), plus the malabsorption. This allows for greater food and supplement intake which is less likely to result in deficiencies. If you are interested in this sort of revision, you would need to meet with Dr. Hong in Hamilton.
Most Active
Recent Topics