on 1/9/12 10:34 am, edited 1/9/12 10:39 am - Canada
what are foamies?
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/9/12 10:48 am - Windsor, Canada
 Your mouth fills up with fluid/ foamy substance.  Precursor to throwing up.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Derek C.
on 1/9/12 11:14 am - North Bay , Canada
 and with me the first episode of vomiting will only be white foam , the second follows about 10 minutes after with the rest of the contents of the pouch

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

KristieA
on 1/9/12 11:17 am - Orillia, Canada
Kinda like a wet burp but add a gurgling foam coming up with it. Foamies after eating fish is the worst (in my opinion). I learned the hard way in the early stages post op to chew, chew and eat slow. I really would have rather thrown up the tilapia then have the foamies. They are just gross.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

ollieboysladybird
on 1/9/12 11:20 am - Canada
so does this happen when you eat two quickly?
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Derek C.
on 1/9/12 11:34 am - North Bay , Canada
 sometimes...my first time was in the parking lot at twh the day of my wifes rny, had some druxys corned beef ...waaay to much fat content and it dent me a foaming lol

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Mary A.
on 1/10/12 1:26 am
it happens to different people for different reasons...for some it's eating too quickly

for me personally it happened a couple of times...the first time was when I was about 2 months post-op and I tried to eat meatloaf....not a good choice...even 2 tablespoons brought the foamie son...wrong food choice.

depending on where you are in your after surgery meal choices...don't jump to the next phase too quickly or ahead of schedule and if you find yourself still getting teh foamies...take a step back and wait a week or wait a few weeks before trying that food again.

I couldn't eat even a slice of bread for about 8 months post-op....no way..it wouldn't go down....

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

ollieboysladybird
on 1/10/12 3:56 am - Canada
I'm 3 weeks post and on puree. i haven't got the "foamies" but wanted to know what it was that people were talking about on here.

Thanks for all the feedback
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Most Active
Recent Topics