wrinkles...sigh

pumpkin57
on 1/11/12 12:27 am - GUELPH, Canada
does anyone have a solutions to minimize wrinkles on the face and neck.
after losing so much weight 155+ lbs...I have lots of saging skin under eyes and neck...ekkkk

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 12:29 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I'm guessing age or genes is maybe not on your side.  I lost 166 lbs but don't have any of that.  I don't think any those firming creams are worth the money.  I'd not waste my money on any of those products.
ollieboysladybird
on 1/11/12 12:41 am - Canada
I'm trying bio-oil right now. It's supposed to help restore the elasticity in your skin. I'll let you know how it goes. You have to use it 2 x a day!

Also I know that sweet almond oil if very good for doing the same and a lot of mama's use it on their belly during pregnancy because it can actually be absorbed by your skin.

Stay away from anything with lanolin...it's an animal by-product (comes from sheeps wool) but it is also too big for our skin to absorb.

Sarah
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

birdiegirl
on 1/11/12 12:50 am
Hey Pumpkin

First - congrats on doing so well....155 lbs!! whoo hoo

Second - if your skin is loose you cannot tighten it up with any cremes etc....only surgery will work for this.
You can change the muscles underneath to give the appearance of better tone....but of course this doesnt work on the face!! And I have been lifting weights for 18 months and I see very little difference in my arms....still quite floppy

I had a extended Tummy Tuck last August....my belly is now nice and flat....and now I work on the muscles underneath

You may want to see someone re some fillers for your face....or fat injections.....I had fillers last year and was quite pleased with how much smoother my face looked....not that awful hollow look

Good luck

Barb

cynci
on 1/11/12 12:59 am - Canada

Fillers is the ONLY thing which really helped me after trying many topical products.  The dermatologist and staff at the clinics and centres I went to all told me that they now have a significant portion of their patients coming in after weight loss procedures.

Nothing really cures sagging skin other than surgery or fillers.  There are some newer, longer lasting ones and someone on this site lead me to this before as this seems to be something many of us are facing after a drastic weight loss.

Good luck and ask around at some of the clinics about the newer fillers out there.  I know mine lasted a lot longer than they said so it may be worth the investment.
Sher1ock
on 1/11/12 1:03 am - Canada
duct tape, but then again, I'm a Red Green kinda gal

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 2:09 am - Canada
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!

"If the women dont find you handsome..they should at least find you handy!"  Love Red Green :)
Nathalie_Can
on 1/11/12 3:51 am
omg Sher1ock, I almost chocked laughing, I was reading in all seriousness of the topic as I'm getting the same issues and then bam, reading yours....too funny!!!
Thanks for that!  I still ahve a smile on!!
lmao

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Monica M.
on 1/11/12 1:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
nothing you can put on your skin is going to change the elasticity of it to any great degree. You can try a moisturizing cream for your face, the massaging action of the cream is what gives you benefit (told to me by a plastic surgeon). This is the same with scar tissue, the massage and bringing blood flow to the area is what causes reduction or minimizing of scars, not what kind of cream you use. There are some creams which have a collagen or somethign in them, that will reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but won't make a difference over the long run, or if  you stop using them.

LuAnne H.
on 1/11/12 1:58 am - London, Canada
I think that you  look absolutely beautiful.  I love your new pictures.

LuAnne

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
Most Active
Recent Topics