update re: "what was that pain last night?"

Karen W.
on 1/18/12 6:02 am - Canada
So I saw Aspen at Ottawa WMC this afternoon.  She thinks I have mistakenly attributed past similar pain to "medication sticks" when it was likely something completely different.  After describing the pain, how it comes on, how long it lasts, etc, and as the episode last night had no apparent trigger, she thinks that I probably have an ulcer (in the pouch, not in the blind stomach). I'm having bloodwork to check for H. Pilori which, although I didn't have it pre-WLS, I could easily have picked up (although responsible for 85-90%, this isn't the only thing that causes ulcers). I'll be starting a course of treatment tomorrow, for 2 weeks.  If it doesn't happen again, we'll assume that it was an ulcer and was adequately treated.  If I have the pain again, it will be time for another scope.

Just wanted to let you all know.  Thanks for your support.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Brenda T.
on 1/18/12 7:19 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh so glad you are getting this looked after. Here hoping for the best.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 1/18/12 8:10 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Thanks for the update, Karen! hopefully this fixes it.

JJ_
on 1/18/12 8:39 am
Wow, so glad to hear that you are getting help with this.  Hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

Judy
PatXYZ
on 1/18/12 10:21 am
How come they don't want to do a scope to have a look to see if there is an ulcer? 
Sher1ock
on 1/18/12 12:38 pm - Canada
Hope the meds do it....sorry I missed you today - I was in and out early.

Karen W.
on 1/18/12 8:28 pm - Canada
Sorry I missed you too, Janet.

Patxy, I would rather not wait 2-5 months for a scope (yes, that would be the wait time!), so they decided to treat it as an ulcer and do the scope only if the symptoms return after treatment.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Karen M.
on 1/18/12 9:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada
So glad you updated and very happy to hear that you're receiving treatment.  Hang in there! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

aprilbennett1965
on 1/18/12 10:06 pm - Canada
Glad you got this tended too quickly Karen. Your post is proof that we should not ignore any little pains and think they are just nothing.  Hoping that the treatment clears it for you so you don't have to have another scope.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Most Active
Recent Topics