NSV

elizabeth G.
on 1/29/12 12:17 pm - Canada
Hello all,

It has been a long time since I've posted and a long time since doing what I did today.  For the first time in a long time I went tobogganing   it was the first time I have EVER gone with my son, who is 7, and we had a ball.  It was so nice knowing that coming back up the hill was not going to be torture.  I must admit though that my mind still plays tricks on me because I did not think that my butt was going to fit into the toboggan.....but there was plenty of room.  It was a great feeling going down the hill with my son.  One thing that has not changed since pre-surgery is that i still scream in fear when going down the hill

TTFN

Liz
DS SURGERY NOV 20, 2009
210 POUNDS LOST SO FAR
swagger
on 1/29/12 12:58 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
I'm sure you must go alot faster since you are one streamlined woman now!

Your screams help to warn off all the wild life!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

Heregoesnothing66
on 1/29/12 1:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Its amazing the things some people take for granted.  What a great moment for you.  Your son must have been thrilled to have you there.  I have two 17 year old daughters who cant wait for me to lose weight so we can go shopping together.  Everytime they go to throw something out now, they tell each other to hang onto it "just in case mom can fit into it later"   Kids make everything better dont they?
JJ_
on 1/29/12 7:57 pm
Congrats Liz on fitting into the toboggan and on making it back up the hill.  I would scream too, and scare too many people so I stay away from activities like this  LOL

Great NSV

Judy
Karen W.
on 1/29/12 11:00 pm - Canada
Great NSV!  Thanks for posting. I haven't had the guts to go toboganning with my son (age 8 1/2) quite yet.  You have inspired me!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active
Recent Topics