How much bounce-back did you have?

Karen W.
on 2/12/12 10:21 pm - Canada
I'm trying to figure out what weight to aim for.  I'm 2 lbs above having a normal BMI, which became my goal not long ago. I would be more than happy maintaining at this weight or slightly lower, but am worried about the dreaded bounce-back.  Can you tell me how much bounce-back you had, and when it happened? Thanks!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Leanne1
on 2/12/12 10:56 pm - Newmarket, Canada
My goal was to lose 100lbs, I did that. I was happy at the 140ish mark but I kept losing. I figured that my body would stop when it was ready to. I finally stopped losing around 123 and I float between 122 and 126. I am 5'2". On the "normal" bmi chart the highest for my normal bmi is 136.

I am 17months out and haven't had a huge weight gain (knock on wood). The only time I have weight gain is when I'm having "washroom issues"

You should probably aim for about 10lbs less then you want to be.

Don't worry too much about the "dreaded bounce back". Make sure you keep doing what you're doing and you'll do great!
Bounce back usually happens when the old habits start creeping back in. Don't let it happen or try not to. It can be hard when you hit your goal.
Most Active
Recent Topics