Called Ottawa yesterday!

BrigitteD
on 2/16/12 11:16 pm - Sumerstown, Canada
Got a call back this morning.  I ask them how much more of a wait.  they said I should be getting a phone call in the next month for my surgery class and meeting the surgeon.  getting very happy, cant wait. Please send positive vibes!  Thanks everyone for listening.    

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Brenda T.
on 2/16/12 11:47 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
It's great to have an idea when things will happen. Congrats.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Linda G.
on 2/16/12 11:53 pm - Canada
I just got my date and now the time is flying.  You will have yours before  you know it.  Congrats
Linda

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Liv2ride63
on 2/19/12 1:49 am - tweed, Canada
wow you have done well really as far as getting appointments , what hospital ? i really would love to be transfered to toronto its a hour closer to me and they move alot faster ,but im afraid if i ask my file to be transfered i will have to start all over again and wait another 7 plus months
Linda G.
on 2/19/12 10:59 pm - Canada
I am with the Toronto Western clinic and I can't say enough about everyone involved with the bariatric clinic, especially the receptionists.  Patrice and Sheri have been right on top of my case the whole way through.  I'm sure I'm no different than anyone else going through TWH.  At the time it seemed like a really long process but looking back, it was just my anxiety and rush to get to surgery.  As far as asking for a transfer, I think you have a legitimate reason as you live closer to Toronto.  So what if they say 'no'?  It's still worth a try.

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Heathergetbetter
on 2/17/12 12:48 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
YAY!!!
Positive vibes sent. Did you feel 'em?
Positive changes on the horizon.
Cheers
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
JJ_
on 2/17/12 3:46 am
That is soooo good to know Brigitte.  You have been super patient with the process.  I am sending prayers your way.

Judy
BrigitteD
on 2/17/12 5:20 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank you girls, you re support makes all the difference.  It fells good to be encourage from people who are or have gone through the process

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/12 11:07 pm
Thats awesome.
Liv2ride63
on 2/18/12 2:43 pm - tweed, Canada
congrats ,,i wish you the best ,,i have been totally frustrated with ottawa did my orientation aug 19th and have called a few times and get different answers ,,its now been 7 months and when i called last week they told me 9 months now that i would get a call til may ,,i see people that have gone to orientation after me and they are getting appointments and surgery ,,i havent had one single appointment since orientation
Most Active
Recent Topics