Any Horse People?

yssirhc
on 2/24/12 9:00 am - Canada
Looking to make new horsey friends going through the same thing.
Patti K.
on 2/24/12 9:36 am - Kingston On, Canada
Yup...Bonnie M. from eastern Ontario!!  You'll likely hear from her..Patti K.

yssirhc
on 2/25/12 9:58 am - Canada
awesome :) send her my way i too am in Eontario
austinsgrandma
on 2/24/12 10:48 am, edited 2/23/12 10:51 pm
I have two horses :) I adopted them both from Ontario Standardbred Adoption Society. Cant say enough about those people!

Maymes Black Beauty is 19 yrs young now and Dont Stop Me Now is 23 this year.

Over the years we have also had an Icelandic pony, a French Canadian and a Cremello quarter horse and a chestnut quarter horse that we just sold.

My daughter is in the process of looking for another horse for herself.

She is getting back into riding now that her youngest is 6 months old.

My hope is that I will be able to fit into a smaller saddle because my legs are so short that the stirrups on my 18 inch western saddle are way to long, even in the highest hole :(

Oh, and I also have a weaving business. I weave western saddle blankets, rugs etc.

Where are you from?

Lynn in Ontario
banded Oct.19th 2012 and loving it.

yssirhc
on 2/24/12 11:35 pm - Canada
hey we have 2 i own a 6 y/o aqha mare (in the pic) and 15 y/o qh gelding. i also work with a 10 y/o standardbred mare that i broke to ride last summer. i live east of kingston anout 40 min yourself?
austinsgrandma
on 2/25/12 7:00 am
I live in Magnetawan, 2 1/2 hours north of Toronto. I love my standardbreds because they are so gentle. Cant wait to lose weight to feel more comfortable riding.

Lynn in Ontario
banded Oct.19th 2012 and loving it.

yssirhc
on 2/25/12 9:34 am, edited 2/25/12 9:34 am - Canada
i hear you :) i love my mare and i love showing with her we have learned so much together! she shows in Western Pleasure, Horsemanship, Trail, Showmanship, Halter and soon to be in HUS and Equitation. My biggest goal when i loose the weight i want to jump with her not on a competitive level but for fun pop over a few jumps and laugh with i pop off. i ride bare back and it is the most rewarding feeling no ribbon could fill. I'm loosing the weight for me and my pony...i love her too much to let her go so i need to change so i can enjoy her and she enjoy me riding i just feel too big for her....
Chardan
on 1/23/14 7:25 am

I was just browsing the site and your caption "any horse people" caught my attention! I did a double take when I read you post! You said that you own maymes black beauty that you adopted from osas! I adopted her daughter "you are so beautiful" from osas 2 years ago!!! Small world! 

sam1am
on 2/24/12 11:42 pm
 When I was a teenager I had a standardbred that I broke (I hate that term - let use the new gentled) to ride, but that was a longgggggggg time ago!  Every time we go south I want to ride but often feel too sorry for the skinny underfed horses they use!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

yssirhc
on 2/25/12 9:39 am - Canada
I Love learning with horses. i can sit and watch my trainer for hours I'm such a visual learner and i ask so many questions sometimes...i love to learn.
Soon you will be able to enjoy a ride when you go down south :) enjoy and embrace the journey
Most Active
Recent Topics