Recipes/Ricotta Cheese/Advise please

dawn4511
on 3/1/12 4:03 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I see that EggFace still has her website for recipes but is there somewhere else that you guys are using for recipes?

Also I got some Ricotta cheese today because it's low in fat and pretty good for protein any suggestions on what to do with it now?

I'm craving sweets today well mostly cookies I know it's because I'm tired the baby was up a lot last night (he still doesn't sleep threw the night at 7 mths), trying to drink liquids to compensate so far so good. What would you guys do?

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Catw
on 3/1/12 4:31 am - Arnprior, Canada
Someone had posted this site:
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/lowcarb-entrees.html

I haven't tried it yet.  But some of the recipes looked good.

As for the Ricotta, anything you would use Cottage Cheese for, you could use that.  I used to stuff manicotti or large shells with it, egg and italian spice, cover it with spaghetti sauce and bake it.  But that was before WLS, not sure how it would be post WLS.

Good luck with the recipe hunt!

As for the sleep, same as you are doing, and trying to get a snooze in when I could.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 4:36 am - Canada
I LOVE ricotta. As a kid my mom used to mix it with sugar and put it on toast. Now I add Splenda to it and a bit of cinnamon and it tastes like cannoli filling.

Other than that, I dont use it anymore. I used to use it for stuffed pastas and lasagna.
Monica M.
on 3/1/12 4:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
someone was saying that cutting out caffeine made her sweet cravings go away. Was that you, Simona?

hugs. You're doing so well..

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 6:02 am - Canada
That was me.  I no longer crave sweets - thank god!  I switched to decaf coffee and tea.  That seems to have done the trick. 

The ricotta with Splenda is a nice treat if I want something sweet but I think the last time I had it was a month ago.
sam1am
on 3/1/12 5:24 am
Hi Dawn,

For a sweet craving:

Fabulous Ricotta Fluff Stuff

* 1 large container of ricotta cheese
    * 1 box SF Jell-O instant cheesecake pudding
    * dollop or two of sour cream (to taste)
    * A little bit of milk to lighten it up (about a cup-add last and gradually)

Mix it all up and enjoy however you want it. I love it with strawberries! It's a great fruit dip or just eating straight out of the bowl.

Variation for fluff: Use whatever flavor of pudding you like and add a little milk to get the texture you like.

It is also great with other flavours of sugar free jello or pudding, mixed with a little no fat cool whip.

Also, layer it with spaghetti sauce and top with cheese for a faux lasagna!

Enjoy!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

smiley_k
on 3/1/12 6:07 am
I adapted one of eggfaces recipes for ricotta pancakes. I love them, they are light and fluffy and sweet! I would say with a bit of SF maple syrup it would definitely fix your sweet craving.

I use 1/2 cup ricotta, 1 egg (I use the equivalent of liquid eggs), 1 TBSP FF/SF vanilla pudding mix, 3 TBSP Flour (I use carbquick flour so it's lower carbs). Blend it all up in my bullet. Sometimes I have to add a tablespoon of water to get it going and then fry up heaping tablespoons of the batter in a non-stick pan sprayed with pam. Very yummy and satisfying.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Have you looked at the recipe forum? There are many options available there! 

Katie  ♥     

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 7:44 am - Toronto, Canada
 I made those pancakes last night for the first time and they were so absolutely delicious!  I've also made eggface's baked ricotta and that was very good.   I've  also mixed ricotta with some stevia, a dash of vanilla extract and some sugar free canned peaches.
Most Active
Recent Topics