BBQ food post operation

Jason W.
on 3/2/12 2:43 am - Canada
Can u eat BBQ food post operation RNY.
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/2/12 2:50 am
Depends on how soon post-op.
Beef is a food which many people take time to get used to.
I would watch the sauces you put on the meats (high sugar).

Monica M.
on 3/2/12 2:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i have. There are a few things you need to be aware of, one of which has been mentioned already, the sugar in the BBQ sauce may be difficult.

Another thing is that BBQing tends to dry out the meat, meat is usually best tolerated when its a bit moist.

and yes, beef can be difficult for some people to digest. I've had no problems with it, but i know other people have

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/12 2:56 am - Canada
Depends on what kind of BBQ you're talking about.

Grilled burgers and sausages are usually no problem when you take proper precautions (in fact a hamburger is usually my dining out "treat" as my SO cannot eat red meats).

Smoked and other slow cooked meats, you have to be careful.

A lot of rubs and sauces have HIGH sugar content, so watch out there.

Many BBQ cuts of meat are quite fatty, so make sure you trim well before trying.

Most RNY folks have difficulties with dry meat, so make sure it's moist, you take small bites and CHEW CHEW CHEW.

I personally enjoy Carolina style pork BBQ and am able to eat it in moderation and quite slowly.  Although I have to be careful with the fat content and pick through accordingly and carefully.  As the sauce is spicy and vinegar based, I have little problems with it and can keep the meet appropriately moist.
GD6
on 3/2/12 5:18 am - Hamilton, Canada
I've had no problems eating BBQ'd food post op.  To be honest I've had no problems with any food that I've tried as far as anything getting stuck.  

Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Jonathin
on 3/2/12 5:25 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm still in the experimental stage, but I have found recipes for sugar free bbq sauces.  My favorite is slow cooking a pork roast or chicken, and shredding/pulling it apart.

Since we're in the Winter Wasteland, I tend to boil ribs to soften them up and bake them instead of doing the grill. This leaves them very moist and they'll just fall off the bone.

Leanne1
on 3/2/12 8:13 am - Newmarket, Canada
I looove BBQ foods!!! and just think, the grease goes into the bbq not your body

We BBQ alll year long! :D
Most Active
Recent Topics