amazeballs "new" hair growth stimulator - make u'r own home tonic

ollieboysladybird
on 3/5/12 3:22 am - Canada
Hey everyone...I went for a scalp massage the other day...told the masseuse of my hair situation and told her how I am doing everything I can to stimulate new growth because their ain't nothing I can do about the stuff falling out.

Soooo

1. I highly recommend scalp massage if you can get your hands on one...their usually only about 15 to 20 bucks and from all I have read, do wonders for new hair growth.

2. Home brew tonic to help stimulate new growth - so the masseuse told me about a old family recipe that helps stimulate new hair growth and I gave it a go. I love it and even if it does not get new growth going, it feels amazing in the shower and for about an hour afterward and while you make it, it makes your house smell amazing.

you'll need:

1 large pot (enough to hold a large bottle of distilled water)
1 bottle of distilled water (The one with the handle by the lid)
2 bunches of rosemary (like the ones in the plastic clam shell in the fruit/veg section of the grocery)
1 bottle of pure mint/peppermint extract (i used the clubhouse one from the grocery)

a. Snip and tear the rosemary a bit to break the leaves to help release the natural oils.

b. Boil all the rosemary in the water until the water is almost a darkish urine colour. (approx 25 minutes).

c. You can throw away the rosemary after it's done.

d. Use a funnel to pour the boiled tonic back into the bottle the water came from after it's cooled off for about 30 minutes or so.

e. Once it's all cool, use the whole bottle of peppermint/mint extract into the bottle. (about 3 to 4 oz.)

f. Put the whole bottle in your shower with a plastic container you can pour it into for ease of use.

g. When showering,shampoo and condition hair as normal. rinse. use about 1 to 2 cups of tonic at a time. Lean head back and let the tonic run slowly through the roots of your hair.

It will be cool and tingly and AWESOME!....the rosemary and mint will help wake up those roots and stimulate new growth.

not to mention it's a really nice wake up in the morning and it feels good on your scalp for a good while.

Enjoy!

Sarah
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monica M.
on 3/5/12 4:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it's wonderful that it feels good. The massage may help new hair growth, but nothing that you put on your hair will help it grow. Hair is created inside your body, from the nutrients that you take in.

sam1am
on 3/5/12 4:16 am
Oh that smell sounds just delicious!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/5/12 4:23 am
good luck with that!

ollieboysladybird
on 3/5/12 5:14 am, edited 3/5/12 5:15 am - Canada
Monica M. the point is that it stimulates the hair follicles that produce new growth the same way massage does. I'm not talking about the Peanut Butter Solution at all....just stimulation of follicles....just like massage.
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PatXYZ
on 3/5/12 5:54 am
Right, but first you have to demonstrate that "stimulating follicles" leads to new hair growth. It doesn't. Nothing you put on your head, including massaging it, has any impact on hair growth or regrowth. But if it feels nice, by all means do it.

http://www.jle.com/e-docs/00/01/8A/16/article.phtml
irol770
on 3/5/12 12:05 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
I don't know if I completely agree with that.  If something stimulates the scalp enough to increase the blood flow to the area, then hair could potentially regrow as the increased circulation will benefit the hair folicles, which is the reason minoxidil works as a topical treatment as well.

If you increase or improve the circulation to your feet for example, your toenails will grow faster, and stronger and you could even grow hair on your toes, or the hair on your legs could become thicker or you may have more of it.  So based on that same idea, you could increase or improve hair growth by improving or increase blood flow to the area.
Glitter Text Generator

PatXYZ
on 3/6/12 12:55 am
Except that studies have found that massage doesn't have an effect on the regrowth of hair. Blood supply in the scalp has little to do with it. It's driven by hormones, and the absence or presence of certain things in the bloodstream, which can't be affected externally. Minoxidil works by causing a whole bunch of hair that has not quite entered its last phase to fall out early, so that a lot of fresh new hairs grow in at the same time, giving the illusion of more hair. In reality it isn't causing anything that wouldn't have grown on its own time to grow, its just forcing a lot of hair to do it all at once.

But if the massage feels good, there is no reason not to do it!
ollieboysladybird
on 3/5/12 6:12 am - Canada
After weight loss surgery, our bodies are forced to live on drastically lower amounts of calories. To compensate for the reduction, all the remaining nutrients are channeled to the organs that need them most. And our hair isn't one of them.

So suddenly, our hair must do without the nutrients it needs to grow. And it also has to compensate for that loss. It sends more strands into "resting" phases and temporarily suspends production of new strands.

One of the best ways to get more nutrients flowing to your hair is with massage. The massage sends more blood to your scalp and helps loosen scalp muscles (tight scalp muscles lead to restricted blood flow).

Stimulation is helpful. Massage, rosemary, mint...whatever you'd like to try to do so....stimulation and blood flow can help.
Sarah

RNY
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jonathin
on 3/5/12 9:19 am - Ottawa, Canada

I'm still trying to figure out what "amazeballs" is and what it has to do with hair growth. Because I had this nair accident one time ...
Most Active
Recent Topics