my date with the surgeon...St Joes

scorpioboy33
on 3/10/12 3:38 am
Hi ever helpful new Friends...
Can anyone let me know what to expect at my surgeon meeting this week?

Thanks Alot
hjb
on 3/10/12 4:17 am
I had my surgeon meeting at st joes not long ago.  basically the surgeon asks you some routine background questions, goes over the entire surgery process and how its done (he showed me on a computer screen how it works... although by this time im sure you already know!)...then he went over the potential complications etc. you can also ask any questions you may have! that was pretty much it!
HopefulMar
on 3/10/12 4:34 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
You may not see the surgeon, I saw his associate. Though the surgeon, not the associate will do the surgery. I went to St.Joes too. Just so you know what to expect. (Just waiting for my surgery day)
scorpioboy33
on 3/10/12 4:42 am
when do they let you know the surgery date?
scorpioboy33
on 3/10/12 4:46 am
opps just one more question if I may

do I need to get blood work done when I meet the surgeon and do I get my optifast thanks?
Thanks Bill
HopefulMar
on 3/10/12 5:33 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
Hi Bill

Did you get your scrip for opti fast? If you have I would fill it after seeing the surgeon. Then when you get the call , and you have to start opti you have them. No blood work, just seeing the doctor.

Well this week would be 9weeks after surgeon appt. I was getting ants in my pants lol because I have not heard anything. So I called. Because when I called the first time a week after the surgeon appt. they said don't call us we will call you. So, I laid off I didn't want to bug them to the point I was in their bad books :) Last week I was given a nudge by a fellow OH member as she said it seemed a little to long not to hear anything. So I was super nice and a called and they were nice too and told me I am on the list for April, I have to wait for the manager to call me with the per-op appt. and surgery appt.

Hope that helps
 p.s. you can fill the opti script at the hospital pharmacy as your regular pharmacy may not have it, or they may need to order it.

scorpioboy33
on 3/10/12 8:08 am
btw I suck at waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!
hjb
on 3/10/12 7:58 am
i got my prescription for optifast and everything else when i met the surgeon at that appointment.

they told me someone would call me in a few weeks with a surgery date and would inform me when to start my opti.

i got a call with my surgery date about a week and a bit later :)

as for blood work, you'll have some more taken when you go to your pre-op. once you get a surgery date, someone will call you in about another week or so with your pre op most likely.

(well im assuming all this will be the same for you, cause im going through st joes hamilton too and this is how it all unfolded for me!)
austinsgrandma
on 3/10/12 6:39 am
Is the St. Joes you are talking about in Hamilton or Toronto?  I will be having my surgery in St. Joes in Toronto but I have just started on this journey so it will be a while yet :)

Lynn in Ontario
banded Oct.19th 2012 and loving it.

HopefulMar
on 3/10/12 6:49 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
good question i am from St.Joes in Hamilton
Most Active
Recent Topics