So the dietician was right...(long)

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/10/12 10:29 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
I went to see the dietician on Friday Feb 24th for my three month check up. I weighed in at 194 pounds. That was down 77 pounds from my starting weight. My weight loss had slowed to only a pound or so a week. She asked what I was eating and what I was doing for exercise. I gave her my typical day( around 800 calories) and my exercise routine( 3 times a week with personal trainer and twice a week skiing or rowing). She said I was exercising too much for the amount that I was eating. She suggested that I try to increase my intake or decrease my exercise until I was able to eat more. She also told me to start adding whole grains, brown rice, and more fruits and veggies as I had not been trying much of those at all.
On the Tuesday(28th), I went on vacation to Mexico. I ate very well! Buffet is a wonderful thing! I added fruits and veggies, ate fish 2-3 times a day most days. Never overate but certainly ate enough while paying close attention to what I was eating. Never had any desert and never had a single drink.
My Mom and I leisurely walked the 6 km beach every day and we did a couple of day trips with my daughter and her boyfriend. Swam lightly once a day for twenty minutes or so and had a wonderful time and great weather. 30 degrees and sunny every day.
Came home the following Wednesday(7th), jumped on the scale and was down 10.2 pounds from my weigh in with the dietician! Never done anything in my life but gain weight on vacation!
Since I've been home I have been trying to pay closer attention to increasing my intake while keeping to good choices. Down another 3 pounds this week!!!! That's 181 now(down 90 pounds). Only ten more pounds to the Century club, woohoo!
Congrats on all your NSV's while I was away, good luck to those going in for surgery and thanks a bunch to all of you for continuing to be such a daily support and encouragement! It means the world!

Leanne1
on 3/10/12 11:17 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Very cool Cherry!!!

Keep it up! Your almost there
Dianadcr
on 3/10/12 11:37 pm - Canada
Well done. Losing while on vacation! Terrific.
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 3/10/12 11:53 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So exciting!!! So happy for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

dawn4511
on 3/11/12 12:41 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Awesome job you will be at the Century Club very soon.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Gabygee
on 3/11/12 12:55 am - Canada
Waydda go, Cherry!
Keep it up!

tata2
on 3/11/12 3:41 am - Canada
That happened to me in Dec when we went to Mexico. I to ate very well lots of protien and fruits and veggies and lots of frozen crystal lite slushies. I came home and had lost 8 pounds! So the moral of the story is I either need a personal chef or to just go on permant vacation in Mexico!! I choose Mexico!! Congrats.

Moselle
on 3/11/12 5:26 am - Athens, Canada
 Way to go Cherry.  I think that it's almost like finding the magic formula that each of us needs to keep our bodies in the wl groove.  Finding the right balance of protein, carbs and exercise that your particular machine needs to run efficiently.  

Keep up the good work. I wish you much continued success.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Megan M.
on 3/11/12 11:22 am - Canada
Sounds like I should have gone to Mexico instead of Florida!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

charm64
on 3/12/12 12:50 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Wow that is great!  Congrats
I'm going to Mexico on the 25th hope I get the same results lol.  

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics