Life is good *with pics

Kerry F.
on 3/11/12 11:57 pm - Bolton, Canada
It's been a very long time since I've posted here on these pages.   Life has been busy and wonderful for me over the past few months.  I am almost 10 months post-surgery and have lost 125 lbs.  It still amazes me to even think about that number.  When I started this journey, I hoped for 100 lbs.  Surpassing that was life-changing. 
Two weeks ago, I put on a size 10 pants and promptly began crying in the Reitman's changeroom.  I barely remember size 10. 
I just got back from an amazing vacation with my best friend - we both turned 40 this year and my darling husband gave me a trip to Jamaica with my bestie.  This trip was cathartic in so many ways.  I wore a bathing suit - in public - every day!  And I walked along the beach in it, feeling confident. We went on a catamaran tour, stopping to snorkel and then to Dunn's River Falls.  About 1/2 way up the falls, we stopped for a break and before I knew it, the waterworks were coming.  I was crying again!!  It was such a moment of triumph for me.  That I was climbing this waterfall with a group of strangers, in my bathing suit.  I was strong and capable doing something physical.  A year ago, this would have only been a dream.  I don't think I've ever felt such a sense of accomplishment, such exhilaration.
I feel like a new person.  This year, I also started a business with my sister-in-law.  That I can do this, in addition to my day job and being a wife & mom of 2 small kids is a testament to my new found energy and focus.  I would never have taken such a risk before this surgery.  Life truly is good.

This is me 2 weeks pre-op:

This is me 2 weeks ago on a catamaran in Ocho Rios:

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Patm
on 3/12/12 12:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
You look fantastic. You also give me hope. My weight loss is slowed to a stop. I look forward to be more physical myself in the future.

Kerry F.
on 3/12/12 12:07 am - Bolton, Canada
Don't lost hope.  If I've learned anything, it's that this is not a sprint - it's a marathon.  Cliche, I know....but it's true.  One foot in front of the other every day.  You can do it.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Brenda T.
on 3/12/12 12:03 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
This brought tears to my eyes!! I'm so happy for you, you so deserve this!!

Isn't it beautiful there, my hubby took me there almost 12 years ago and I was 199lbs then and I couldn't make it all the way up the falls, just half way. I would love to go back after I am where you are and do it all!!
Thanks for the pictures and sharing with us.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Nathalie_Can
on 3/12/12 12:12 am
WOWZER....look who's hot in da house!!!

lmao

WTG
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

charm64
on 3/12/12 12:20 am - Cambridge, Canada
 What an amazing transformation!  You look fantastic!
So many changes in your life, wonderful.

Congratulations

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

JJ_
on 3/12/12 12:22 am
Congratulations on your ongoing success.  Your pictures look great!

Thanks for sharing.

Judy
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/12/12 12:42 am
Wonderful, thanks for sharing!

NorthernStar
on 3/12/12 12:49 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

What a great story, you look amazing! I hope I can be where you are one day

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Eileen C.
on 3/12/12 1:09 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Kerry

Congrats on the wonderful holiday and all the wow's in your weight loss journey, you are doing so fantastic, keep on enjoying the great results, continued success!!!  

You look terrific and must being feeling it as well, pics they say are worth a thousand words and yours says it call very well!!

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics