Need help finding a dress!!!

derkatmomma
on 3/17/12 3:41 pm - Canada
Ladies,

I am MOH for a friend of mine in June and I can't find a dress...

I need a pink, gold or green dress (solid colour) if possible and don't want to spend a fortune as hopefully I wont be in it for long.  Tried pennington's and additionelle, does anyone have any other ideas of where I can find it???

thanks,
Rhonda

Sher1ock
on 3/17/12 4:04 pm - Canada
 sign up for the jones new york mailing list. they have events from time to time where dresses are ridiculously low-priced...80% off often.  Where are you located? 

derkatmomma
on 3/18/12 4:14 am - Canada
Brampton  the wedding is in june not sure of shipping times  and border fees...
any idea of wait times and shipping issues

Sher1ock
on 3/18/12 1:34 pm - Canada
 JNY has stores....I'm in Ottawa and there is at least three.  I'm sure there's one near you as well.  Truthfully,  I think your biggest issue won't be where to buy a dress, but what size you'll be when the wedding comes. A few months is a lifetime for sizes, i find.  i'm sure folks will be happy to keep an eye open as your day of MOH duty approaches. 

truckingbride
on 3/18/12 2:38 pm - Harriston , Canada
maximum woman in Toronto-- check them out on line to see what they have on line, not a long drive from where you are.
Susan B.
on 3/17/12 5:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Winners, the bay, sears, zellers retimans they all carry a varitey of sizes

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Ammi Tu
on 3/17/12 6:17 pm
RNY on 04/13/12
I was a MoH last summer. Got my dress online at www.kiyonna.com. Spent under $100, including shipping. Google plus size evening dress or some variation... don't just look for bridesmaid dresses cuz most are not very flattering for larger sizes (IMO).

Also try...
www.alight.com

I am getting married this June and bought my dress on eBay. Just be sure to check out feedback and, if possible, ask other buyers about their experience; read everything in the ad thoroughly so you know what to expect and ask a bazillion questions. If you want some help, send me a message and I'd be happy to! If you know what you feel good in and what flatters your body type, this might work for you.

Good luck!

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
derkatmomma
on 3/18/12 4:16 am - Canada
thanks I was looking online for some things did you find it shipped quickly and was there border fees or anything?

Susan B.
on 3/18/12 12:37 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
wOw both of those web sites have beautiful clothes!!!  I have bookemarked them for sure

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

PatXYZ
on 3/18/12 1:10 am
You might also consider having a simple dress made. For my own and two of my sisters weddings the briedesmaids would agree to a style or colours and we could each pick some of our own variations of the dress and then have them made to each of our sizes and they cost less than $100 each.
Most Active
Recent Topics