Stoked!

Gorgeous84
on 3/19/12 6:32 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Hey all,

Just came from surgeon's appt. (supposed to be w/ Gmora but was with a fellow instead d/t emergency). Appt was very encouraging- now sitting on pins and needles for the call with the date!

In the meantime, hoping to connect with people who may also be attending the last nutrition class on Apr. 12 @130pm (St. Joe's Hamilton)- thinking of bringing my hubby (he just came for surgeon visit).

Anyone know if its a lot of info to take in?

Thanks,
Kelsey
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

MrsJButler
on 3/19/12 6:39 am - Canada
Fantastic news!Im not in the class but I went through St. Joes with Dr. Gmora and I love it there.
thefrostedside
on 3/19/12 7:53 am - Canada
I did the nutrition class at HRRH in January.  My hubby didn't come because he's saving his sick time for when I have surgery.  They gave everyone a red folder with print outs of their power point presentations and a copy of a nutrition guideline for RNY, as well as a list of pantry items to have and some good resources.  Maybe give St. Joe's a call and see if they do the same.  I found that with the print outs I was quite comfortable "re-teaching" it to my hubby and it made me have to learn it to teach him lol.  Good luck!
Brenda T.
on 3/19/12 8:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That is wonderful!!
So is the Nutrition Class the last thing? I'm going through TWH so it's different.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Gorgeous84
on 3/19/12 9:44 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
OOh sounds good about Dr.Gmora.

I think you are right about info package, I think I remember them mentioning that in the first class. I'm just such a notetaker n I don't wanna miss a thing (nerd alert :P)

Yes, it is the last class! Have passed all the hoops n am ready for this!
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Blu-Diva
on 3/19/12 1:13 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I not going in April. Well I had my appt. with Gmora on march 13'12. If you want I can friend you and let you know. Cause my last class is Mar.29'12. I cant wait  and I'm shaking at the same time.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/19/12 9:40 pm
It's been a while but no, I don't remember it being a lot of info to take in.
Sure , bring hubby you are both going to be going through this, I brought mine. It's a good time to ask more in-depth questions if you like.

Most Active
Recent Topics