St. Joesph WLS waitees?

scorpioboy33
on 3/19/12 10:48 am
Ive just had my surgeon and my pre surgery class...anyone got a date recently..or has anyone heard how far out they are from surgery?
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/19/12 10:56 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
St Joes Hamilton or Toronto?

scorpioboy33
on 3/19/12 11:23 am
toronto
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/19/12 11:25 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Oh.. I will be having my surgery there, but only just past the orientation mark... how long has it taken you to get to your point? 

That  seems to be everyones favourite question hehe 

yssirhc
on 3/19/12 12:03 pm - Canada
I have Dr Lindsay at St Joes TO ive done my WL class and now onto the appointments on April 11 and 12 to meet the Dr, RN, SW, LD then dadada the appointment for surgery they tell me if im cleared by everyone about a 2 month wait time
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
up4execution
on 3/20/12 10:44 am
 I could have been 3 weeks from seeing the surgeon, rn,dt but I had to get my tonsils out and that was booked first!  Really depends on you conditions, meds and current lifestyles...smoking, drinking etc

I get the feeling they like taking people quickly with no foreseen complications
journeyforme
on 3/21/12 1:26 pm - Kingston , Canada
VSG on 04/17/12

I had my second surgeon meeting on Feb 27th and was booked at that time for both my pre-admission (which was today) and surgery on Apr 17th.
That would put them about 7 weeks out from second surgeon meeting (assuming he doesn't send you for further testing after that apt)
Have you done the rest? Social Worker, Dietician, Nurse? Some people also have a separate apt to see an Internist (althought I didn't).

P.S. I'm told that Dr. Lindsay does his surgery on Tuesdays....in case that's who you have.

scorpioboy33
on 3/27/12 11:25 pm
well dropped by the hospital on the way to work cause I didn't wanna bother the front desk lady on the phone (they're soo nice and work really hard) but I wanted to get a sense of a time frame....she couldn't say for sure (understandable) but I think it's gonna be at least June.
I know I shouldn't be disapponited and I do look at this as a chance to get in better shape before surgery but it seems sooo far.
I'm not a good waiting person.....
Anyway I'm still enternally gratefull for the opportunity to get the surgery.
scorpioboy33
on 3/28/12 3:20 am
has anyone else heard anything on the date?
scorpioboy33
on 3/28/12 11:06 pm
I guess the good thing about a summer date is the fact I will be off with my daughter in June
Most Active
Recent Topics