st joes hamilton ontario

meemee1966
on 3/27/12 8:55 am - Canada
hey guys i have orientation on april 16 does anyone know how long i should expect from first appointment till surgery just eager to get started wondering how long to expect
Lorie H.
on 3/27/12 9:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 04/04/12
If everything goes smoothly and you don't next extra testing, which can happen.  You are looking at about 6 to 1 year.  Where is your orientation taking place.  Remember to ask to book as many of the appointments at one time and try to get them on the same days.  

Lorie

Referral:  May 2011   Orientation:  Aug 10/2011    Sleep Clinic Retest:  Sept 28/2011 Nurse:  Sept 28/2011  Social Worker:  Nov 7/2011  (SW-no show)   Social Worker:  Dec 12/2011   Nutrition Class:  Dec 12/2011  Nutritional:  Dec 19/2011    Psycho-Social:  Dec 19/2011   Surgeon Appt:  Feb 24/2012   SURGERY DATE:  APRIL 4/2012!!!!    WORTH THE WAIT!!!

Dianadcr
on 3/27/12 9:44 am - Canada
I had my orientation in April last year and had surgery in January. I had to meet the dietician and psychologist twice, this held me back a bit. Once you have the initial session things begin to fall in place and go by quickly. You need patience but also this is a period to begin life changes. Best wishes as you embark on this journey.
  Diana

Pat-60
on 3/28/12 12:48 am, edited 3/28/12 12:49 am
You can see my times below.  If you are coming from out of town they are very good at trying to book  your appointments for the same day.  Sometimes it seems like it is taking forever, then before you know it you are going to surgery.  It is well worth the wait and opens up so much more in your life. Just take the time to learn as much as you can about it and what to eat after.  I have gone from a size 24 to 14 in 8 months and never want to go there again. Hamilton is such a great centre to go thru!
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
shiikay
on 3/28/12 12:52 am - Canada
RNY on 11/23/12
Great info Pat, thanks!

Can you tell me--how do you "request" same-day appts (or who do you ask, and when)?  I don't live in Hamilton so having appts bundled together would be a huge benefit for me. 

Happiness is not a destination; happiness is the ride Photobucket

Pat-60
on 3/28/12 1:21 am
Just tell the receptionist that you are travelling from out of town and would appreciate if you could have more than one appt on the same day.  Some they can do easily like the nurse and nutritionist.  I always had to plan on arriving in Hamilton at least an hour before my appt just to find parking!
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
meemee1966
on 3/28/12 2:06 am - Canada
hi there
I live in hamilton and parking is not wonderful your best bet is to try the side streets too they are free or go across from hospital and park across street from hospital i am going april 16 to bad i could direct you but be lucky if i can get up that early lol and i only live 5 mins away up the mountian see you there im so excited i cant even sleep
Jackie P.
on 3/29/12 9:34 pm - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13
 Markland street has 3 hour free parking! I go to St Joes every week for a class, and I usually park there. Horizontal to that is Herkimer Street, and there are meters there (3 hour max), but I can usually find parking on those two streets!
Brezehunter
on 6/22/12 2:36 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
 Just asked my doctor for a referral....she looked at me as if I said something dirty...lol! Does anyone else have trouble with their doctors?? I understand that it's the last thing they want us to do....but she can obviously see that I have been struggling for almost all my life....and have been in a number of medically supervised programs. Why is it so easy to ask your doctor for a sex change (which is not a life saving procedure ) , but asking for a referral to gastric bypass ( which IS a life saving procedure) is almost next to impossible? I don't get it.
Most Active
Recent Topics