broke my stall

charolli
on 3/28/12 8:18 am - Canada
So my weight had not budged in a month ( i am now 4 months post op) which coincided with the time i joined a gym which i was fine with. I go to the gym for an hour every other day. For me  i am not fixated on the scale, so long i fell better and am healthier.....both of which i have continued to answer affirmatively. So on monday i decided to boost my protein with powder and water and to my surprise i dropped 5 lbs in a day...this has happened before when i hit a stall....the difference this time is my stomach has ben growling like crazy since monday. My question ....do you think i have finally boosted my metabolism to the point where i am burning fat again, or is this the result of the increase in protein.

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

JJ_
on 3/28/12 9:04 am
Whenever you exercise, you are creating a calorie deficit.  Perhaps the addition of the protein drink boosted your calorie intake for the day?  What do you think?

Judy
Brenda T.
on 3/28/12 9:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm so happy your stall broke.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Mary A.
on 3/29/12 2:20 am
what an awesome attitude and NOT a scale watcher KUDOS~!!! so many people get hooked up to getting on everyday and then freaking when they are a pound up....

congrats on breaking the stall and taking every opportunity to get physically active~!

I can't comment on your quesiton, because I don't know enough about metabolism..all I know is that your body does what it needs to to keep from starving....

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics