Can I bring vits on flight?

Nathalie_Can
on 3/28/12 11:58 am, edited 3/27/12 11:59 pm
First time flying and I have no idea what I'm allowed so I need your expertise my people...lol

Can I bring my vits in my little container in my purse?
As silly as that sounds, can I bring the Costco protein shakes in my luggage?

TIA
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

PatXYZ
on 3/28/12 12:20 pm
Liquids are only allowed in your luggage, not your carry-on. You can take vitamins in your carry-on, but I'd recommend that you keep them in their original containers so they don't think they are medications requiring a prescription.
Heidi S.
on 3/28/12 12:26 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
I travel with my meds in the original containers either in my purse or carry on. You can get a letter from your doctor to allow liquids in the cabin with you. I had enquired about that with the airlines. Hope that helps. Have a safe and fun trip.

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

mermaidoz
on 3/28/12 2:02 pm - Canada
I travel with tablets in my carry-on, any liquids like B-12 liquid or gel caps go into my checked luggage...including the liquid protein drinks,...just put into a big zip lock to protect rest of your luggage from any "bursts" or leakage.  I do ditto with shampoos and other full size liquids in their bottles as all these go into my checked luggage)...

Tip: on the way to the airport in the taxi I drink a half litre bottle of water...( getting 2 cups in ) then the empty bottle goes with me through Xray security, and on the other side, I refill with water from public drinking fountain...so don't pay anywher up to $4 for half a litre water  once past security...and take it onboard...We have to drink tons of water at very opportunity, flying is no reason to slack off.
Leanne1
on 3/28/12 7:40 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I take my vitamins, in the original containers, in my carry on bag. I even took my probiotics with an ice pack because it must stay cold. They just scan it. Be sure to tell them if you have a probiotic with an ice pack (if you take that vitamin) and have it out and ready for them.
If your liquids are more then 100mL, they must be checked (left in your big bag). I just got back from a trip and I had 30 MIOs(water flavouring from the states) in my carry on luggage and they didn't say anything.
As for the premier shakes, get a letter from your doctor, on his letterhead. It's the only way they will except it so they know it's not "forged".

Less time at security the better
magpie4495
on 3/28/12 11:53 pm - Canada
Hi Leanne - just wondering what probiotic you are taking.  Is this to help maintain the plumbing.  In my quest to cure constipation and difficult BMs I have been reading that some people are using probiotics to much success.
Thanks
Cherill
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

Leanne1
on 3/29/12 11:13 am - Newmarket, Canada
Yes, it is to help with constipation and it's working GREAT!!! .. I got it from my dr.
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 10:32 pm
I had to bring 3 months worth of vitamins with me to Nicaragua and had them in my backpack because I didn't want it going through checked luggage in case it got lost. I just filled up the orginal containers with the 90 days worth.

I took 2-2lb containers of protein powder with me in my luggage and my supply is just about done. With using one scoop almost every day. I won't be bringing it with me this week on the beach because breakfast is provided and I can get an egg every morning.

Do like others say, have an empty water bottle that goes through the security and fill it up at the fountain. You can also bring your own snacks/food, so you don't have to have a Timmy's sandwich or something from the plane that isn't good for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics