questions i should ask surgeon to get the sleeve instead of RNY i need help

meemee1966
on 4/1/12 9:26 am - Canada
i am going to orientation in a couple of weeks and i need to start putting down questions and need information to tell the doctor i have lapband need it taken out and would like to get the sleeve i have lots of reason why i would rather get the sleeve but would appreciate any help from people that have gotten the sleeve and even better someone who had band and sleeve same day i am going to hamilton st joes hospital so anyone to help would be great
sam1am
on 4/1/12 9:48 am
I qualified for the sleeve because I had a lot of adhesions from previous surgeries.  A need for NSAIDS might help as well.

Good luck!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Hanneli xoxo
on 4/1/12 9:50 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
what is considered "a lot" for adhesions? 

sam1am
on 4/1/12 10:04 am
That's a pretty grey area.  I had a tubal a couple of years before my wls and my tubal surgeon told me that she had a lot of trouble doing it because of all of my adhesions and when I mentioned that to my surgeon, the VSG was a go.  I had, had 4 previous abdominal surgeries including to caesarians, appendix removal and my tubal.

Sandy                                           

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Hanneli xoxo
on 4/1/12 10:11 am, edited 4/1/12 10:11 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

ohhh.. I had a horizontal insicision (bikini) Casarean section and a gall bladder removal.. hope I am ok

sam1am
on 4/1/12 12:47 pm
 Both of mine were bikini as well.

Sandy                                           

Most Active
Recent Topics