Overwhelmed with NSVs this weekend

Crackintoes
on 4/8/12 1:32 pm, edited 4/8/12 1:34 pm - Canada
I'm coming up on 11 months post-op but this has been one amazing weekend NSV-wise.

A clothing vendor directing me to move to the other racks as "this stuff is all plus sized". I'm not sure when it became inconceivable that I may fit into plus sized clothes but I nearly cried when this happened.

At that same place, I had to put back the size 18 and the size 16. I thought the size 14 looked really nice and was really excited that I had finally reached size 14 when a lady told me that I needed a smaller top. I didn't really believe her but gave it a shot. I fit beautifully into a size 12 for the first time since I was 10 years old (and I didn't even have my boobs back then! Actually, come to think of it, I barely have any boobs now but that's for another thread!) :)

Today, I completed my 7th week of a learn to run program and my 330th minute of running in 7 weeks(making a lifetime total of 332 minutes running if we include the 8 buses I've chased over the years). Today, I ran for 6 minutes without having to stop and I can run for 24 of 32 minutes.

The best NSV of all was that after Easter dinner tonight, I got to play on the trampoline with my son. I've watched him on the trampoline often over the years and cheered him on but today I got in there. I showed him a few tricks, jumped for ages, barely broke a sweat, impressed myself, made him proud and laughed our asses off. Best surgery gift yet!!!

My head is still catching up to how much my life has changed and who I've become but until it does, I'm going to keep pretending that I'm a skinny/healthy girl. I love my RNY.

Hope you had a nice Easter and if you were too tempted to resist the trappings of the holiday, just accept that you're human and start fresh tomorrow.

C

PS Sorry about the length of this. Had I known, I would have made it a Blog post. I may yet. Cheers!!
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

stewartjackie
on 4/8/12 3:54 pm - Pickering, Canada
That is just wonderful, your weekend has me smiling too!
Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!

cheeky_monkey
on 4/8/12 4:07 pm - Ottawa ON, Canada
So fantastic. It is success stories like yours that keep me motivated to get this surgery!

Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

Ottawa34
on 4/8/12 4:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Congratulations, such an awesome weekend :))
Def the best to keep you motivated !!

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

JJ_
on 4/8/12 9:11 pm
Congrats on all your NSVs!!!  What a great weekend for you :)  Love your humour in the post.

Thanks,

Judy
Monica M.
on 4/8/12 9:17 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Amazing, cindy. THis is wonderful. As for the Pretending that you're a Skinny Girl, fake it till you make it. It works.

Hugs. You're doing amazing.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/8/12 9:40 pm
Beautiful NSV's! Enjoy every single one!!

Hanneli xoxo
on 4/8/12 10:40 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
awesome!!!! Iyou had me laughing with your chasing the busses line!!! lol

Karen W.
on 4/8/12 11:11 pm - Canada
Yay, C!!!!

What an awesome bunch of NSV's.  I can just picture you and your boy on the trampoline!

Great to see you posting.  I think we might cross paths this Fri night, hope to see you then....

RNY April 11, 2011       

Moselle
on 4/8/12 11:41 pm - Athens, Canada
 Congratulations on your success! Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics