Kingston Bariatric Transfers

Tina72
on 4/10/12 3:57 am
I am post op from Ottawa and have been trying to see if I can get my appointments at the new centre in Kingston
Here's my experiences so far...Has anyone had any luck???

I phoned Ottawa about a week ago with no response, I phoned today and got the receptionist who said Kingston was not taking any post op appts yet.  She did not have any time frame or information.
Being unsatisfied, I have phoned Kingston and asked them if they were able to take any post op appts, and the lady said she didn't know, but would put in a request for a transfer and see what happens.  She took my name, dob, and phone number.   (Keeping my fingers crossed)

Anyone else tried to get into Kingston?

Tina
mona8
on 4/10/12 7:15 am - Kingston, Canada
I'm also going through Ottawa ( referred last August, orientation in November, and nothing since ) and live in Kingston.  I contacted Ottawa at the beginning of March, because I was made aware by a friend who works in the Kingston hospital system that the Kingston centre would be opening end of March, early April.  Was told at that time that there were no plans for transfers, and advised to call back end of March.  I called back to Ottawa last Thursday requesting a transfer of my file to Kingston when news broke that the clinic here is set to open.  I received a VM this morning from the Ottawa center, informing me that Kingston currently does not have capacity for transfers and that Ottawa would be moving forward with " bulk transfers " within the next few months.
Getting so discouraged by this process!!
Liv2ride63
on 4/10/12 9:31 pm - tweed, Canada
i did my orientation in ottawa aug 19th 2011 and havent recieved one call , i call every couple months and they keep puttig me off , now saying i wont hear nothing til may ,,i would love to go to kingston its only 45 mins away from me ,,ottawa is 3 hours ,,,this is a frustrating process for sure ,i have seen people that did thier orientation after me in ottawa and have had appointments and even surgery
Tina72
on 4/11/12 3:32 am
I got a call from Ottawa this morning. Kingston did put in a transfer request for me, but the lady at Ottawa said it had to be done at their end. Ottawa has denied the transfer because they don't feel Kingston is ready yet.

Oh well, it didn't hurt to try. The journey continues, just a little longer drive than I'd hoped

Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics