OT - riding

Karen W.
on 4/14/12 10:31 pm - Canada
I went for my first ride on my new Harley yesterday afternoon.  It's amazing how it came back to me after 15 years without riding.  I was a bit intimidated by the bike, as it's the biggest I've ever had (it's a 1200 Sportster), so I went to a big empty parking lot to practice.  It only took about 5 minutes before I felt like I had never stopped.

This is one of the dreams that I've kept on a shelf for a very long time, yet another dream that has been realized since WLS.  With the weight loss, the attention I'm getting, and the bike, I feel like I'm 30 years old again.

I can't wait to hook up with some folks who ride.  I'm part of a 12-step community, and there is a small group of people in the fellowship who get together for rides and events.  I also hear that there is a women's motorcycle club in Ottawa, made up mostly of middle-aged women.  If anyone knows anything about them (Motor Maids, I think), please PM me.

DH has taken the bike out (yes, I'll let him borrow it... if he begs!) so I'll be going for another ride later today, after he gets home.

Just wanted to share this very exciting thing in my life.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Monica M.
on 4/14/12 10:47 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
nice. I have a Yamaha Roadstar. If i'm ever that way, i'll let you know, we can ride together.

Sher1ock
on 4/14/12 11:03 pm - Canada
Once I can get myself to a point that makes it possible to get on the road, maybe a little ride together will be in the cards!!!  Few complicating factors to clean up before then, but I'll let you know!

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/12 11:30 pm
Maybe that can be a goal of mine. I am always trying to push my boundaries now and learning to drive a motorcycle would be one of them. I loved when my husband had a bike but once the kids came along, there wasn't room for 3, then 4, then of course 5. But I would love it if he could get another one. Perhaps, I can learn too. Hmmm
Karen W.
on 4/14/12 11:31 pm, edited 4/14/12 11:33 pm - Canada
Wonderful, ladies! I'd love to meet you in person and go for a ride. And to NanaLiz: anyone can learn to ride. You're a step ahead if you've spent time as a passenger. If you decide to do it, you might want to consider starting small (my first bike was a 1982 Kawasaki 440 LTD).

BTW, I fit into the chaps that I had custom-made for me when I was 18 years old. I was thin due to all of the drugs I was doing, and never thought that I could be this size again without the use of drugs. I had the chaps stored in a box in my parents's basement; hauled them out, and on they went!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Judy L.
on 4/15/12 12:37 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats Karen! I am studying for my m1 and plan on taking the course at humber this summer.

Dianadcr
on 4/15/12 12:58 am - Canada
Wow, you're one hot momma! No I don't have a bike but sure would love to ride in the back of one. Enjoy the freedom that only the road and weight loss can offer.
  Diana

Toni B.
on 4/15/12 3:41 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Congrats! That is an awesome NSV!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

scorpioboy33
on 4/15/12 11:15 am
I've got a harley as well...**** we should start a gang :)
Monica M.
on 4/15/12 7:41 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm totally in!!! what will our tattoo be??

Most Active
Recent Topics