Have you ever had a stall?

ollieboysladybird
on 4/23/12 2:33 am - Canada
Have you ever had a stall? If you have, at what week (or month) post op can you recall it happened? Was it for one week or more?
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/12 3:06 am - Canada
My first stall was at 4 weeks out & it lasted a week - I wouldn't even call it a stall - more like a pause. Then came the stall from hell. At 5 months out I stalled for 2+ months. I'm finally back to losing about 2lbs a week.
Monica M.
on 4/23/12 3:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
if you read this board frequently, you'll see that most people have stalls, they happen different times for different people, and last for varying lengths of time. What happens for one, doesnt necessarily happen for another person.

trudylam
on 4/23/12 3:14 am - Sudbury, Canada
I am slowly coming out of an almost 5 week stall!  Frustrating but inevitable.  They happen over the course of this journey and there's nothing we can do about it.  I do find that my measurements usually change though even though the scale isn't moving.   Hang in there! :)
ollieboysladybird
on 4/23/12 3:20 am - Canada
Thanks for everyone's feedback here!

I know we all get it differently, but I wasn't sure if mine was earlier than the norm. Sounds like there is no norm and to prepare for the inevitable that this is not likely the only one or I will see.

To the point made about loosing size versus weight, I am noticing that my jeans are needing a belt now more than they did 3 weeks ago and so despite not having lost any weight, I haven't gained any so that's good and soon, very soon, I'll be able to put my size 18's in the dryer and hopefully move on to my size 16 jeans within the next couple of months! heehee!

I appreciate we're all going to get it at different times....just was curious what has happened on other peoples journey's so far.

Thanks!
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Karen W.
on 4/23/12 3:43 am - Canada
I expect that nearly everyone has a stall at some point, likely more than one.  My understanding is that, generally, a stall is a period of 3 weeks or more with no weight loss at all.  I had one at 3 weeks out that lasted 3 weeks.

Keep doing the right things, and the scale will move again. Paying attention to size is very helpful to get through stalls and slow weight loss periods.  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

PaulaToronto
on 4/23/12 5:04 am, edited 4/23/12 5:05 am - Toronto, Canada
I had the usual 3 week stall that didn't last long but I am fighting my way right now through a stall (plateau) that has lasted 6 weeks.  Extremely scary and frustrating.  I am trying a variety of changes to get things restarted.  Weigh in tomorrow so I hope I am back to losing.

I measure myself once a month and thank goodness I lost inches at my 4th month mark because I am not sure what I would have done with both no weightloss and no inches lost.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Mary A.
on 4/23/12 6:15 am
my 1st stall came about 8 months post-op and stayed there for about 3 months...slowing down my weight loss dramatically for quite a few montsh thereafter...it's a lifetime change....and eveyone will go through a stall/plateau at different times..there are very few people that will NOT experience this..

and to keep your sanity Iwould suggest that if you are a scale watcher...that you only weight yourself no more than once a week or you will drive yourself NUTS~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Nathalie_Can
on 4/23/12 7:28 am
Knock on wood, didn't have one yet (7 months out)

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

slim115
on 4/23/12 8:17 am - peterborough, Canada
 between 3rd and fourth week for a week
Opti Weight-386lbs.............Surgery Weight- 355 lbs...........Goal Weight- 200lbs        
Most Active
Recent Topics