Now I m scared!

sam1am
on 4/26/12 1:18 am, edited 4/26/12 1:29 am
Suebdc chimed in, in an earlier post (yours I believe) that she had complications with DR. Raiche, but I don't believe that she thought it was the Dr.'s fault. Maybe you should send her a note to understand what happened.

ETA to add link

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4525382/Surgeon-in-Otta wa/#37481416

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

magpie4495
on 4/26/12 2:35 am - Canada
I met Dr. Raiche at my surgeon appt and Dr. Yelle did my surgery.  She has been doing the surgery at least two years now and also does other surgeries.  Between the 3 doctors they schedule approximately 40 surgeries a month and she has done well over 100 surgeries.  Doctors are human and mistakes can happen.  When something goes wrong in a surgery it is easy to blame the surgeon when so many factors play a role (age, weight, pre-existing medical conditions, reaction to medication administered during surgery etc.)

If you are uncomfortable - call Lana and see if it's possible to have a telephone discussion with Dr. Raiche prior to surgery.  I think it would be a reasonable request.
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

StaceyP_Kingston
on 4/26/12 2:52 am - Canada
Dr Raiche was the surgeon I met with and she also did my surgery. She seemed
young, but very knowledgeable and most importantly she seemed like she
actually cared. After the surgery she listened to me and answered my questions.

Also I had a text book perfect surgery, it literally could not have gone better.
Thanks
StaceyP
HW: 320 lbs (May 2011) 
SW: 270 lbs (Dec 15 2011)
Current : 199 lbs (Jun 24 2012)

BrigitteD
on 4/26/12 4:25 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thanks so much feel much better having heard from people who had her has a Docter.  Thank you so much!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Blu-Diva
on 4/26/12 11:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
 That is an important decision Take you time and choose.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics