surgery tomorrow

nikkobleu
on 4/29/12 2:14 am
VSG on 04/30/12
Surgery is tomorrow and I am sooo nervous. Not completely sure what to pack. What would be the basics?
amarettogal
on 4/29/12 2:21 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
 Hi,

Good luck tomorrow, I wish you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery,  mine is on Tuesday. I went to walmart and got the travel size toothbrush tooth paste. I read alot of people recommending chapstick, some lotion, deodorant, brush, hair ties, soap.. ( I always bring my own ) I am not taking shampoo ... just gonna straighten my hair it should be fine for a couple of days.

Clothes wise, I think 3 pairs of pj pants, 3 pairs of underwear. I think I will wear the clothes I wore to the hospital  back home cause realistically you're in them a few hours in the morning before surgery so no point bringing a whole other set of regular clothing.

Phone.. your charger for it.. ppl forget.. LOL.. a book or word searches crossword.. everyone recovers differently, so you might enjoy a lil something to do..

All the best.

The future has not been set there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

nikkobleu
on 4/29/12 2:31 am
VSG on 04/30/12
thank you
this help, s if all is good I should be home on wednesday.I'll pack later today.
amarettogal
on 4/29/12 2:38 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
One last thing I remembered... bring your own pillow the ones at the hospital suck and people say they're useful for the car ride home. ( I still don't understand why )...

What hosp is your surgery at??

nikkobleu
on 4/29/12 4:38 am
VSG on 04/30/12
Thanks for the reminder about the pillow. I'm at the Royal victoria in Montreal
Brenda T.
on 4/29/12 2:47 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
All the best and speedy recovery!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Dianadcr
on 4/29/12 2:52 am - Canada
Best wishes and all good things. Pillow is really good especially for the bumps and grooves on the road. Acts as a support especially for coughing.
  Diana

amarettogal
on 4/29/12 3:07 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
So you tuck the pillow into your tummy over the bumps?

Lorraine M.
on 4/29/12 3:49 am - Canada
 Hi,

Also take some sugar free throat lozenges in case you have a sore throat ( I did and had to wait for nurses to get me some). Bring your own meds, don't count on hospital to have them. I was taking Lyrica at the time for my fibromyalgia and they couldnt get it so I had to use my own supply.You wont need that many clothes as you will be in the hospital gown all the time you are in there. The loose pants I wore there were the same ones that I wore home.Nothing tight around the waist. Definately the pillow. The ones at the hospital are crap plus I like my own pillow case (feels like home, I'm such a sap). And I did put it over my tummy for my long drive home (15 minutes) and held tight over the bumps. Did someone mention scope or mouthwash? Credit card for extra prescriptions you may have when you leave hosp. Health card and any extra insurance card you may have. I had to do hepa shots and prevasid fast tab for acid reflux so that went on the credit card. I had a hiatus hernia repaired at the same time so I will need the prevacid for life. Also skin lotion, my skin was very dry.

Good luck, I am sure you will do great. Expect that you will have gas pain but the sooner you walk around and burp and fart the better! What hospital are you at? take care, Keep us posted.

the44plan
on 4/29/12 3:55 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
All the best to you tomorrow!!  Soooo exciting!!
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Most Active
Recent Topics