The best thing I ever did for myself

Christy_S
on 5/1/12 8:05 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi all,

I  haven't been on the boards for ages, having moved back to BC, but wanted to post a pic to tell all the newbies what a great thing this is. I had my surgery almost 2 years ago and have lost around 140 lbs. This weekend I wore my first gown ever to a big work gala event and felt amazing, feminine, beautiful and confident. All new for me and I liked it!

So worth it! Gastric bypass is the best thing I ever did for myself. To all my peeps around here, thank you for everything... the support, friendship, advice and wisdom. I wouldn't have done this without you.

Christy

My angel is Karen M                                                  140 lbs lost!      

Vi-Vi
on 5/1/12 8:09 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Thanks Christy!  Sure need to hear stories like this, especially when I have doubts!  You look awesome in you gown!  
Laurie C.
on 5/1/12 8:18 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
so pleased for you, great job!!!!!!!!!!
Happysmile
on 5/1/12 8:45 am
Congrats on your success.
sam1am
on 5/1/12 8:46 am
 Looking hawt, Christy!  Good to hear from you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Christy_S
on 5/1/12 10:34 am - Vancouver, Canada
 Thanks Sandy! Hope you are well.

My angel is Karen M                                                  140 lbs lost!      

Moselle
on 5/1/12 9:45 am - Athens, Canada
 You are definitely rockin' it!  You look lovely.  Keep up the good work.
PaulaToronto
on 5/1/12 10:03 am - Toronto, Canada
Are you kidding me!! You look beyond fabulous.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Christy_S
on 5/1/12 10:33 am - Vancouver, Canada
 Hey Paula! How's it going? It's so good to feel good! I never take it for granted. 

PaulaToronto
on 5/2/12 8:37 am - Toronto, Canada
It is going slow after the first three months and I got very angry at my body as I was following plan and could not understand why I stalled out for about 6 weeks.

I am now over the anger - figured the stress might be impacting the weight loss - lol

I made some changes to exercise intensity and water intake and have begun losing again however slow.  I don't mind it being slow as long as it comes off at the end of the month.

I am so positively overwhelmed at how terrific you look and it is a good motivater for me.  You look like you could be the daughter of the person you used to be.  And now being in the City where everyone is trim and exercising all the time must make you feel great. How do you like Vancouver?  Do you live where it rains alot or a bit further afield.  My niece from Windsor, ON was near downtown Vancouver and has now moved to Richmond.  She has noticed way more sun and is very happy about that.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics