VSG end of june

Karine
on 5/7/12 3:59 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
So the process is now officially started.

I have a consultation for a gastroscopy may 15th, X-ray, blood test will have to be done around the 25th, and surgery will be last week of june.

I am SO excited. 

I finally decided to go with the VSG instead of the Lap Band.  I hadn't researched it before, but someone here suggested I should research it.  So I did, and this is what I chose.  Less invasive than the RNY and less maintenance than the Band.  It requires cutting my stomach, which I didn't really want, but at least it is not touching my intestines!

So any VSG tips?  Dos and Don'ts?
shiikay
on 5/7/12 4:50 am - Canada
RNY on 11/23/12
I have no suggestions, but wanted to say CONGRATS! 

Happiness is not a destination; happiness is the ride Photobucket

PatXYZ
on 5/7/12 5:38 am
Wonderful news! Congratulations!

I'm not a VSGer, but a DSer, and I'm sure there will be some VSGers come by, but my biggest advice would be to make sure you take your acid reducer medication faithfully, and a heating pad on the abdomen post-op felt great and was wonderful with gas pains - both of these also helped to reduce the nausea, as did getting in all my fluids.

Good luck!
sam1am
on 5/7/12 6:24 am
Congratulations!  I'm sure you will love your sleeve and if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Karine
on 5/7/12 7:51 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
I actually do have a question.  Dr Gagner is not asking me to take any liquid diet (optifast) prior to the surgery.  Is this normal?  He is highly recommended, but.... with a BMI as high as mine, shouldn't I take it?
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/12 8:16 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Karine,

Many surgeons do not require a liquid pre op diet.  If he didn't specify one then don't worry.
Karine
on 5/7/12 8:32 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
I'll try not to, but ... I kind of do worry about it!
sam1am
on 5/7/12 10:03 pm
The liquid diet to shrink the liver is to make surgery easier for the surgeon.  Dr. Gagner is skilled enough, not to require this in my humble opinion.  If you want to shrink your liver, go on a low carb diet before surgery as it can't hurt, but I don't think its necessary.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Catherine S.
on 5/7/12 2:54 pm - Canada
 Congrats on making a choice you feel comfortable with.

Catherine:)
Ammi Tu
on 5/7/12 3:01 pm
RNY on 04/13/12
Glad to hear you are comfortable with your decision and moving forward - exciting times!
Sorry, I can't offer any advice as I'm an RNYer but you have my full support.
GOOD LUCK!

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
Most Active
Recent Topics