Had my Surgery May 4th

SimplyMel
on 5/8/12 1:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 05/04/12
Hi All,

I had my surgery on May 4th and I'm happy to report that all went well, I'm going good and back at home recovering... :D Was in pain until this morning when I woke up feeling alot better like a lovely miracle...lol  was wondering when this day would come...lol still in some pain but hardly as much as the previous days...
I'm already sick of being stuck at home with nothing to do...LOL i think it will be a long/boring recovery...lol

Mel :)

chipmunk_roasting
on 5/8/12 1:23 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Welcome home, Mel -- boring is good.  We want boring.  No excitement from complications, just calm, smooth (boring) healing.

Well done -- enjoy your boredom.  I envy you.  *grin*

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Monica M.
on 5/8/12 1:25 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Long and boring is perfect!! better than eventful with complications. I loved having the chance to nap every day!

Keep in touch!

Heathergetbetter
on 5/8/12 1:28 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
I am glad to hear your home and that your surgery went well. Try to revel in the ability to not have to do much.
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
Moselle
on 5/8/12 1:41 am - Athens, Canada
Welcome to the bench.  Boring is good.  Take time to heal.  Once the rains stop you can get out and start walking.  Start slow depending on the amount of exercise that you were getting pre-op.

I had my surgery at the end of December 2010 and would have loved to have had this time of year off instead!

If you don't have a hobby, start one because it's great to have something productive to do with your hands instead of snacking in the evenings! 

I wish you all the best for a successful journey.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Janet13
on 5/8/12 2:09 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats! and welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Brenda T.
on 5/8/12 2:32 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Good to hear you are home. Speedy recovery.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

cheeky_monkey
on 5/8/12 2:40 am - Ottawa ON, Canada
Congratulations!!!!!  So glad it went so well for you!
Referral:  April 2011 <> OrientationOttawa July 15, 2011  <> Nurse:  April 16, 2012 <> Abdominal Ultrasound:  May 2, 2012 <> Behaviourist/Dietitian:  May 8, 2012 <> Education Class: July 11, 2012 <> Meet the Surgeon: July 31, 2012 <> Surgery Date: August 27, 2012

pswmama
on 5/8/12 2:45 am - Bradford, Canada
FobiPouch on 05/01/12
 I know exactly how you feel!!!
I had my surgery on the 1st been home since the 3rd and im going stir cazy lol I have so much around the house I want to get done while im off but cant do anything right now but catch up on shows and get my eating and vit intake on a schedule lol. just be assured that you are not the only one!! And the pain gets a little better everyday, just dont over do it cause you feel good TRUST ME not fun lol I tried!
Good luck and hope you get through with your sanity intact!!

ern1975
on 5/8/12 7:02 am - Brampton, Canada
Glad to hear all is well! Wishing you a speedy recovery :) rest up
Ernestine   

Most Active
Recent Topics