Day 4 post-op

Jason W.
on 5/12/12 9:59 pm - Canada
First of all I can relate to the previous posts of fustration with getting all the food in during the day. I am doing nothing but food, fluids and vitamins.

The blood thinners I am on makes it really hard to stop the bleeding. I picked a pimple today and it keeps bleeding and bleeding. I am usually a good clotter, so it has to be the bood thinners.

The purchasing of vitamins was a whole other fiasco. I went to Cosco in Barrie, they had nothing but the B12 in a chewable dosage I could use. I find with cosco they drop products daily and it's best to find somewhere more consistant.

I found the rest of what I needed at good ole Wallymart. 7000iu of vitamin D a day I am going to need to squeeze that in as one of my meals.

I had 3 BM yesterday,  my wife claims once a **** ass always a **** ass...that's me

Other than that I have more dicomfort than pain. I got a perscription for perks that I have only used 2 so far. I take some liquid tylenol during the day and a perk before I go to sleep at night.

I guess I'll sell the remaining perks on the street. I heard you can get 5-10 bucks a pill.....sad how one friend of mine already has a buyer if needed  I need new friends LOL
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

Monica M.
on 5/12/12 10:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
lol... omg Jason, i'm glad to see they didn't remove your sense of humour. That can sometimes happen with major surgery.

Thanks for the update. It's a freaking full time job, isnt it??? Keep going, seems like you're doing awesome.

that bleeding thing will subside in a few weeks. And ewwwwww.... TMI about your pimple.. sheesh!!!!

scorpioboy33
on 5/12/12 10:19 pm
I'll bit 6.50!
sam1am
on 5/12/12 11:47 pm
Glad to hear you are doing so well!  LOL, on the perks, my son offered to bring my daughter's leftovers (from 4 wisdom teeth being removed) to sell at university for top bucks! He wouldn't actually do it btw.,lol.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 5/13/12 7:55 am
Welcome to the grind of getting it all in.  As the weeks go by it does get better.  I found it was best about week 10 onwards.  I didn`t need as much thinking to plan meals and knew the protein values of what I was eating.

Geez, I have my hydromorphone pills in my medicine cabinet.  Didn`t think about them having a street value!

I use Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart and Costco to buy vitamins.  It depends on if someone is having a sale :)

Judy
stephanie2011
on 5/14/12 1:56 am - toronto, Canada

I feel your frustration too with constantly having to either eat something or take a pill.  I am eating way more pills than food.  LOL. 
The pill thing was also interesting.  I had bought most of the vitamins before the surgery and went to costco after hearing all of the raves about it but didnt find a damn thing there - only a chicken pot pie and brie cheese that I couldn't eat.  argh..  thank god it was too early in the morning for food samples since I was on the optifast.  I ended up buying all my vit's at Shoppers.  They had some really good sales on pretty much everything we need. 

I am pretty pissed that i didn't get a script for perks - I could use the cash!!  LOL.

Are you taking Iron?  I can't get that stuff down.  I'm gonna post for some ideas.

It sounds like you are doing good overall. 
take care,
Steph

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics