1 week post-op

Jason W.
on 5/16/12 1:27 am - Canada
I am 1 week post-op. Feeling kind of strange. For the first time in my life I am not hungry, and rather have to force myself to eat.

I am wondering about stomach pains etc. I have some very mild stomach pains during the day and feel a little bit nauseous. I seem to be passing gas and my BM which used to be ole faithful in the morning is now when ever it's time....

I figure I am just healing some on the inside, and this will pass. I do feel the worst in the morning, than during the day.

So much for the big car and bike wash yesterday, it was enough to walk the dogs and get all my food, vitamins in.

I hope this nausea and stomach pain subsides. I want to do more things.

Jason

Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

Catw
on 5/16/12 1:32 am - Arnprior, Canada
Take your time with things.  You could be just over doing it a bit, and your tummy's the one telling you.  That plus you are still healing from surgery, and it will cause some of that too.  Make sure you get your water in, that may help the nausea.

Cathy

Heathergetbetter
on 5/16/12 1:37 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
I agree, I felt worse first thing in the morning. Then after I got up and muscles loosened up and things moved around more, I felt better. Today I am 2 weeks post op, feeling pretty darn good. I only lost 4.2 pounds in a week, but I feel energized. Every day gets better. I agree with watching about overdoing it. Even walking and drinking water, if I take to big of a gulp, ouch.  It will get better.
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/16/12 2:41 am
Jason take it easy for 6 weeks. You may feel o.k. but your insides need time to heal.

sam1am
on 5/16/12 3:06 am
You sound perfectly normal, go easy on yourself! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

stephanie2011
on 5/16/12 3:15 am - toronto, Canada
love the new handle!!  thought there was someone new on the board :)

I don't really have any pain so can't comment but if anything seems off, don't hesitate to call the centre to be sure.  other than that, the body is a healing machine right now and needs to focus on that job.  take it easy! 

easier said than done, I know.

steph
Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics