Just over 1 year post op:)

Smiley_sandy
on 5/20/12 1:11 am - Belleville, Canada
Good morning fellow OHers,

I'm sitting by my pool reading the forum and decided it was time to give a progress report .

Surgery May 4, 2011

Sw 241 today's weight : 141

LOST 100lbs !!!!!! Finally

My goal weight was 150 but I've revamped it to 135lbs

BMI 24.2..........NORMAL no longer morbidly obese

No meds and Blood work all good. Surgeon and dietician don't want to see me for another year.

Nsv's ..... So many to list

I'm a runner. I have done 2 half marathons and continue to run 3 x weekly. I do Pilates and personnel training 2x week

I can wear. A bikini

I love shopping for clothes..... Size 6 from a size 20

I look younger and feel 20 again. (I'm 49)

People ask me if I'm a fitness model!!! I've got pipes now! Lol

My family and friends are so proud of me and so I'm am!

I'm planning a big trip next year for my 50th birthday....Thailand here we come. I'm living everyday to the fullest!

I'm so grateful to Dr Hagen/Sohi and the Bariatric centre at HRRH

I can't stop smiling

I run and play every sport with my two kids who are 14 and 9!

My husband and I are in a good place. He can't keep his hands off me!lol

So, for those that are still waiting.... It will happen sooner than you t honk and I wish everyone all the happiness and success on your journey.

Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

sam1am
on 5/20/12 1:58 am
 Wonderful update, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 5/20/12 2:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wow what an update!! Wonderful things happening for you. I'm worried because I don't see myself and an exercise person, did you?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Smiley_sandy
on 5/20/12 3:06 am - Belleville, Canada
Hi Brenda, I was always active and into exercise in my youth but as I gained weight I no longer could. So it feels awesome to do all these things and feel great. All I can sy is everyone should do some form of exercise because it helps not only physically but mentally. Find something that you enjoy and incorporate into your new life.
it doesn't have o be running. It cou be walking 30 minutes a day, biking, weights. Gardening. swimming, pole dancing and list goes on!

Sandy

Sent referral July2010 to HRRH, Info session Dec 2,2010, Meeting with surgeon Jan26/11,Feb2/11 GBC/Dt/SW/(Dr Glazer) Mar 23/11, Surgery 04/05/11, 10 lbs below goal!

Brenda T.
on 5/20/12 3:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
lol pole dancing, that made me laugh out loud picturing myself doing that. lol  I do like to walk and swim and who knows what else I will like as I lose weight.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 5:55 am
Feralgirl
on 5/20/12 7:01 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
Hell yeah! That's awesome! Grats! :) 
JJ_
on 5/20/12 10:31 am
Congrats Sandy on not only achieving your goal, but making the Century Club!!

Judy
MrsJButler
on 5/20/12 1:14 pm - Canada
Your a true inspiration, thanks so much for sharing!
Smiley_sandy
on 5/21/12 9:44 am - Belleville, Canada
Thanks to everyone for your kind posts!!!
Have a great short week.

Most Active
Recent Topics