hard stool with a little blood in stool

scorpioboy33
on 5/21/12 5:04 am
I'm three weeks out.....I noticed a little blood in my stool. It's been hard you know really have to push is this common anyone else experience this?
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/12 5:21 am - Canada
The first 2 months were really terrible for me for BMs. The blood - is it red or black? If it's red it's likely from a tear from the hard stools if it's black - talk to a doctor it's a different problem altogether.

Take stool softeners until you become more regular. I relied on MOM daily to get things moving easier. Others take and swear by Colace.
JennR
on 5/21/12 5:45 am
Having to strain to get out stool is not normal in any situation (surgery or no surgery). Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water and take a stool softener like colace once in the morning and once at night. If you go the other way and your bms get loose back off to one a day. When you are eating more variety in your diet with more fiber etc you might be able to not take them at all. You could try benefiber as well.

scorpioboy33
on 5/21/12 7:17 am
thanks guys
amarettogal
on 5/21/12 8:02 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
benefibre ..have someone every night and it should make it feel fine.. It helped alot for me

The future has not been set there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

sam1am
on 5/21/12 10:54 pm
"have someone every night and it should make it feel fine"   Sorry, couldn't resist!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

amarettogal
on 5/21/12 10:57 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 05/01/12
LMAO.. hey that works too. I wasn't wrong in saying that. For sure a Fruedian slip on my part.. mind's in the gutter....

The future has not been set there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

sam1am
on 5/22/12 12:08 am

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 5/21/12 8:17 am
I find that my stool is hard when I started taking the calcium pills.  Now I eat prunes every evening as a snack and things pass fine !

Judy
scorpioboy33
on 5/21/12 8:31 am
never met people like you guys...where a dude can talk about pooping so openly.....
Most Active
Recent Topics