Vitamin C before surgery

Tracey H.
on 5/23/12 3:55 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
Hi All,

When I had my patts, I wasn't on vitamin C. There are several people at work who are sick, so I want to load up on some vitamin C this week before my surgery (my surgery is in 7 days) so that I don't get sick too and have to postpone.

Is it safe to take vitamin C one week before surgery? Has anyone ever been told not to?

Thanks!

Tracey 

Catw
on 5/23/12 4:10 am - Arnprior, Canada
Hi Tracey,

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can take Vitamin C while on Optifast.  It causes problems.  It's been a while, so I don't remember the reasoning off hand, but I do know there was one.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 4:13 am - Canada
 best case for a straight answer would be to give a quick call to the surgeons office.

the people on here can have great advice 90% of the time but its best to get a 100% correct answer from the pros.

just my opinion.
onmom
on 5/23/12 5:12 am
Dont think you can. I think it acts as a blood thinner. Check with your clinic.
JJ_
on 5/23/12 6:18 am
Hi Tracey,

I had to stop any vitamins while on Optifast.

Judy
Elise H.
on 5/23/12 6:17 am - Canada
RNY on 05/16/12
At my PATTS I was told absolutely no to Vitamin C.  But please call your surgeon's office to be sure.
Amanda Dove-Collins
on 5/23/12 6:18 am - Tottenham, Canada
RNY on 05/24/12
 I was never told I couldn't take Vitamin C.  I never took it but I also wasn't told not too.  I would think they would tell someone that before they start on the Optifast.  A few time I thought I was getting sick and my husband told me to take Vitamin C..........good thing I didn't listen to him.

Amanda
Tracey H.
on 5/23/12 11:30 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Thank-you everyone for your advice! 

I have been taking Vitamin C for the past 4 days but I will stop now to be safe.

Tracey

Most Active
Recent Topics