Can somone please explaine this to me!

BrigitteD
on 5/26/12 11:43 pm - Sumerstown, Canada
Now I'm 3 almost 4 weeks out the scale has not move in the last to weeks.  But yet my close are getting bigger and I fit in close that I didn't before.  Is my mind playing tricks on me.

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/12 11:46 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Type in 3 week stall in the search at the top and you will find a million threads about it.
Brenda T.
on 5/27/12 12:07 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Stupid scales, don't trust them. They have to go down if we follow the rules. I will be there and will be frustrated too.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Dianadcr
on 5/27/12 12:50 am - Canada
Hang in there, things will happen scale wise. Mine hasn't budged in ages and yet my clothes are getting bigger while my measurements are descending. Now scale start moving!
  Diana

Moselle
on 5/27/12 1:39 am - Athens, Canada
It's is frustrating but many of us lose some weight, then stall as our bodies catch up. Sometimes these adjustments and our exercise cause our weight to redistribute and this will make your clothes fit differently.  Keep the faith - if you stick to the program you will continue to lose the weight.

My whole journey was filled with little stalls. I would lose 5-10 lbs then stay the same for a week or two and then lose another chunk. I'm currently about 15 lbs below my personal goal and maintaining. I know it's hard but try not to let the scale rule your world. 

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Susan B.
on 5/27/12 1:50 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Your mind is not playing tricks, your body readjusts with the quick weight loss.  However our minds try to tell us we are failing yet again~~there is no way this could be working~~it cannot be this easy~~they must have just head faked us they really did not do any surgery~~ etc etc.

The best thing to do is to sit back follow the plan and enjoy the ride.  I am just over 3 months out I have gone from a tight 26 to a 20!!

I have not been this size since I was in my 20's and that was over 30 years ago!

If you continue to follow what you are supposed to eat and drink obsess less over the numbers you will simply enjoy as you shrink out of your clothes.

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

cutekatie
on 5/27/12 2:18 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Thanks for the wise words of encouragement. 

Almost every day I wonder if they really did the surgery.  Not that I want to find out in a bad way but you're right - we always think the negative way.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

BrigitteD
on 5/27/12 2:35 am - Sumerstown, Canada
You guys are so right, I was feeling like I was failing.  Thanks for all the encouragement!  It's not easy, I have to have more faith in myself!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Leslie W.
on 5/27/12 9:53 am - Cobourg, Canada
I hit my first stall at 2 weeks out. Now at 7 month**** another stall (have had many) scale jumps up and down a pound or 2 yet went shopping and went from large to medium?
If you havent down so yet take your measurements. You will finding during this journey that even though the scale may not move you actually will lose inches.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics