tried to make the best choice out of a no good menu.

Peel1234
on 5/30/12 10:38 am
Oh my goodness.  Poor food choice.  Met some friends for a very late dinner, at which point they announced let just grab something and have a picnic in the park.  Sounded good.  Oh no no no   Are you kidding me KFC.  I thought a small coleslaw would work.  I just read the on line food calorie counter.  WHAT WAS I THINKING.  20 minutes later "nausea/vomiting" .  Who would of thought 1/2 cup of coleslaw would be 180 calories / 24 carbs Yikes!  No like this feeling.  Lesson learned.  9 months out and still learning.  I'm so careful, but caught off guard.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 11:00 am - Canada
Oh you poor thing! There's really nothing on that menu that you could safely eat. I would've insisted on going elsewhere.

I hope you feel better soon. And you're right...lesson learned. I think this process is filled with lessons when we least expect them.
JoolieBoolie
on 5/30/12 12:11 pm - St. Thomas, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/11/12
OMG...  I just looked on their website to see just what they have available.  NOT ONE healthy choice available.  Holy crap!!!  I sent them some comments about how it would be nice if they could serve something nutricious like grilled chicken options, etc.  I'll be staying the hell out of KFC for sure.  LOL

HW 363lbs SW 283lbs
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 12:35 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Sorry you had such a bad time. As a newbie situations like this are what I can learn from. I recall recently reading someone always carrying a can of Tuna with men. Sound like a good strategy for the future. If you like  tuna that is and there is always a place you can get a salad. (except KFC)
Lorraine M.
on 5/30/12 2:19 pm - Canada
KFC is the enemy!

First time I ever got the foamies was from one small KFC chicken wing. Never again. Felt sick for 4 hours afterwards. My lesson learned too.

Aca-Verity
on 5/30/12 6:40 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12
I recently had KFC as one of my "last suppers".....am now on day 7 of Opti.....and noticed that they have changed their seasoning recipe (more spicier??).  Initially, I was disappointed and then thought....Wow this is great.....I won't be missing KFC at all as I don't like it anymore!!  YAY!!

Previously I have heard that in 3 pcs of chicken there are 2200 mg of sodium....NOT good, eh?

Verity

Monica M.
on 5/30/12 7:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i always try to steer people toward Timmies, if they just want to grab something quick, at least i know i can get chili there,(and you can ask for no bun, tho they'll try to insist on giving you one).

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 7:52 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Tim's chili is extremely high fat and high sodium so people still need to be careful especially if they are really sensitive to fat in foods.  Likely still a better choice than anything at KFC though.
Peel1234
on 5/30/12 8:27 pm
Well I survived the night.  Yikes.  Thanks for all the support friends.  I guess sometimes we try to "fit in" without rocking any boat.  Your right saying there is nothing healthy on their menu.  I waited till last  to order, as I kept trying to review what could I do?  Well the best part about this RNY is each day is a new day.  Thank goodness I didn't choose anything that may get stuck.  It's a whole new day and I will be more assertive next time (not that I think it will have to, I think my friends get it after that public display of not coping).  Love the small tuna cans in my purse they're everywhere else (home, trailer, work; now purse).  I should of stopped at Tim's your right soups/chili are great. 
Live and learn this surgery was exactly what I wanted and now the tool is working just as I had hoped it would;  now I will work on my head .  Have a great day  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

lilviolet
on 5/30/12 9:38 pm - Canada
I have a second job from home taking orders for KFC.  During my training (on a conference call from home) I had the stomach flu and talking about fried chicken for two days completely turned me off KFC forever. LOL  I've never tried the coleslaw...I can't get past the colour. LOL

That being said, I'm pretty familiar with the menu and there is absolutely nothing on there that is healthy.  We've made the suggestion to management that they add to the menu but unfortunately it was to deaf ears. 

Most Active
Recent Topics