Day 1 of Optifast

happypants
on 6/4/12 8:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
I found the first three days the worst and after that it was smooth sailing. How are you preparing the Optifast?

When I made mine I would add more water and lots of ice. I used my Bullet and blended it till it was like a milk shake. I added raspberry SF syrup to the chocolate and instant decaf coffee crystals to the vanilla.

Use the search at the top of the page and you'll find hundreds of Optifast tips and tricks.

Good luck

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Laurie C.
on 6/4/12 9:07 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
I'm on day 6 and I don't seem to have an issue. I am hungry though and I've been adding a couple ice cubes to my Opti and some sugar free carmel syrup from Starbucks to the chocolate.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Nikkismom
on 6/4/12 12:11 pm - Toronto, Canada
I am a few steps behind you. I have been approved by the surgeon on my first visit last Monday... so far!
I have a question. From where do you purchase the Optifast? I know I don't need it yet but I am curious.
Thanks! Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
NorthernStar
on 6/4/12 10:31 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Well, I made it through day 1! I didn't get a fourth shake in but I am determined to get all 4 in today. I woke up really hungry this morning and got through my opti pretty easily. I guess you will eat anything when you're hungry!

I have been mixing them up in the bullet with ice at home and using a shaker bottle (with the little whisk inside) at work. Either way, they're really not too bad. I find vanilla to be very sweet. I think my problem yesterday is I was too focused on getting them in like a 'meal' and then was getting frustrated when I couldn't finish them in 20 minutes. Today I will be mixing them up and sipping on them as long as needed to finish them off. No rushing.

Carol - you purchase Opti from your surgeon's office (depending on your centre) when you go for your last surgeon appointment. It's about $100 a week.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics