Day 1 of Optifast

NorthernStar
on 6/4/12 5:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
So day 1 of Optifast has arrived and I'm looking forward to getting through the next 3 weeks and on to my surgery.

I've had 2 shakes so far and it's not too bad. I am finding that I can't quite finish them off though. Even though it's just a drink, I find it really weighs in my stomach and after I'm halfway through it gets harder to suck back to the point that I just can't do it. We'll see how the next one goes down. I know it's really important to get in all 4 shakes but so far I'm finding the last bit hard.

Guys ya gotta tell me... does this get easier?

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/12 5:17 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
I was on Optifast for 3 weeks and I promise it does get easier after the first week or so, at least it did for me. You can do it!!!!!!!!
ruth63
on 6/4/12 5:34 am - aurora, Canada
Best to start to drink it slow and you will get it all in, its the way you will have to do everything from now on.  Have you put it in a blender with crushed ice, makes it taste so much better.
With everything else you need to change, opi fast is the easiest part, maybe I shouldn;t tell you that.  You have over 14 hrs. to get the 4 in, so slow it goes. Maybe you are trying to hard to drink each glass in a 1/2 hr. and thats the problem.
Hang in there, you will probably lose atleast 20 lbs. so think about that as you are drinking them slowly.
Good luck
Dianadcr
on 6/4/12 5:35 am - Canada
Hang strong' in a few days you'll be used to it, and thrilled also with the weight loss. You can definitely do it!
carlene_h
on 6/4/12 5:57 am
Hi There: Im on day 7 of optifast and let me tell you the first 4 days were HELL!!! I was soo hungry and I couldn't imagine my self lasting another 7 days! Well it does get easier! Make them with lots of Ice for me that's the trick! Hope it goes well!
NorthernStar
on 6/4/12 6:04 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks everyone for your replies. I did do the shake this morning in the blender with ice and it went down easier than the one I whipped up at work for lunch so that might make a difference. I'll try the vanilla for dinner when I get home!

*Lindsey*

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/12 6:32 am - Straford, Canada
 I found the crystal light singles added to the vanilla lunch one broke up the same old same old, and they have a bunch of flavours at walmart (didn't find as good a slection anywhere else).   
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/12 6:52 am, edited 6/4/12 6:52 am - Guelph, Canada
 I am on day 12 of 14.. I could not do the shakes I was finding ways to try and pull my own esophagus out... I then started mixing them with less water and made the puddings as my clinic suggested and it was a LOT easier especially when I was on the run... I went to timmies and asked for a chili bowl (empty) and a spoon and bought a bottle of water and presto my lunch was ready... no carrying a shaker and hoping I could find a place to give me ice.. I could eat the pudding when it was made with tap water. 
jennjennx
on 6/4/12 7:12 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 06/15/12
I'm on Day 18 and I assure you it gets easier! I felt the exact same way the first few days and could not get past a third shake, now I find I'm able to get 4 in no problem :-). Lots of ice does the trick for me! I hear crystal light packets in the vanilla shakes help a lot too, though I haven't tried it myself.

Good luck!! 
NorthernStar
on 6/4/12 7:17 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I will give the pudding idea a try. The taste and texture are really not too bad, but it feels like there's too much volume to get in. Less to ingest would work out well!

*Lindsey*

Most Active
Recent Topics