Unflavoured Protein Powder

Tracey H.
on 6/5/12 8:04 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Hi All,

Which brand is best? I would prefer one that is tasteless and doesn't change the texture of my food at all.

Thanks!

Tracey

JJ_
on 6/5/12 8:22 am
Hi Tracey,

I had ordered the Unjury brand of unflavoured protein powder.  I also ordered the O'Purity vitamins and the Chicken Soup flavoured protein powder from the company in the states.  Then about 3 weeks later I found out that the pharmacy at the Civic Hospital now carries them!  I could have saved the shipping and duty costs.

Judy
happypants
on 6/5/12 8:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
Tracey I would suggest going to Popeye's, its a supplement store like GNC. At Popeye's they allow you to sample before you buy. Since our tastes differ so much from person to person its a good idea to taste the protein powder so you don't end up with powder you don't like.

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/12 9:06 am - Straford, Canada
 I have dealt with GNC, they will take back anything you don't like, once you get it home and try it.  I have an egg and a whey protien powder, slighly less taste from the whey but the texture is less changed with the egg.  Don't know why and this is just my opinion.  Less me know what you settle on and why, I'm always seeking new info.  Ian
Elise H.
on 6/5/12 11:21 am - Canada
RNY on 05/16/12

A friend of mine who went through wls a few years ago bought me Pure Unflavoured Whey Protein from BariatricEating.com and I was able to add it to soup and yogurt and it didn't change the flavour or texture.

Monica M.
on 6/5/12 10:46 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I've heard that Bariatric eating.com hasn't been coming through on their orders lately. Charging your credit card, and not sending you your merchandise.

sam1am
on 6/5/12 11:29 pm
I like Bio X Extreme Whey Protein Isolate Natural.  I get it from SND Canada online.  It's pricey, but good.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Mary A.
on 6/7/12 4:41 am
I don't know if there is a BEST BRAND>..

I use IsoPro unflavoured (which I buy from GNC) and then doctor it up with Sugar Free syrups or my own concotions...

I  had honestly tried almost 2 dozen proteins mixes, premades and I actually used bullets for almost 2 months until I settled on the above...

you have to realize there isn't anything that is comletely UNFLAVOURED..it's all about making changes...and accepting the closest you can to what you can consume on a regular basis.

I (at times) will make one of the chocolate dessert types...when I feell a need for change

all the best in finding something that WORKS for you~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics