So tired of full fluid stage!!!

Tracey H.
on 6/7/12 6:55 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
Hi All,

I am so tired of the fluid stage and have about a week to go.

I would love to hear from others what they ate/are eating on this stage - maybe I can pick up a few new ideas!

Thanks!

Tracey 

Laurie C.
on 6/7/12 7:12 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
gotta tell ya, I would kill for chicken soup right now
Shar eD
on 6/7/12 7:26 am
I`m not at your stage, will be in July, But you`ve done so amazing in your journey, congratulations.  It`s been less than 2 weeks since your surgery ... I wish you well.
Tracey H.
on 6/7/12 10:26 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Thanks so much Shar!!!! That is so kind of you!

You will do amazing in your journey as well!

Tracey

hobbithands
on 6/7/12 7:31 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I totally hear you there. I hate soup!!!! Soon soon we will get puree!

northernlight
on 6/7/12 7:31 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Tracey

I agree with you - Full Fluids got pretty tiresome very quickly.

Here's a list of what I ate: SF puddings, SF Jello, Knorr strained cream soups, 1% cottage cheese, beef broth, chicken broth, Greek yogurt (sometimes with a bit of SF raspberry jam mixed in or a bit of Splenda & cinnamon mixed in), Source peach yogurt (with pieces of peach picked out), SF popsicles and Premier protein shakes.

I think, for me, I just got tired of the "sameness" of everything. So much of it was cold with a creamy texture - I wanted something with some "crunch" to it so the popsicles were the best I could find for that - lol!
Hang in there - you're doing great!

Thanks for the birthday wishes today on FB - that was so sweet of you! I had a great day but I'll admit that it does seem strange to be celebrating my birthday without a birthday cake, but I can definitely live with that!  Life is good!

Deb

Tracey H.
on 6/7/12 10:13 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Hi Deb! I agree! The "Sameness" is what drives me insane too! I'll be glad for some changes in food. Chili would be so yummy! LOL

You are very welcome for the b-day wishes,  I am glad you had a wonderful day - you deserve it! It is totally weird to not have b-day cake, but next year, you will be able to have some, even if it's sugar free!!!!!!!!

Tracey

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/12 7:47 am - Straford, Canada
 hello Tracey, I was sliced and diced 2 days before ya, and BOY do I hear ya!  I made a minestrone soup and tried to just eat the broth but a couple of veggies and noodles got by, though chewed like crazy, had my first dumping experience.  Back to boring, quick!  

I am doing a black coffee, then protein smoothie in the AM, with a half cup of greek yoghurt for snack.  At lunch I alternate between cream of wheat, oatmeal and oat bran cereal with a teaspoon of maple syrup and a piece of canned pear diced fine with a scoop of unflavored protein in it.  Not bad, not great after a week, but edible.  For snack I try to make a slushy with cold water, lots of ice and a vanilla protein scoop.  For supper I have 2/3 cup of either chicken or beef low sodium broth heated in microwave then a scoop of unflavored protein powder mixed well and I drop one small piece of melba toast on top which quickly turns to mush but it gives a texture that I like.  For snack I have a little no sugar vanilla pudding (I know I should be adding powder to it, I just can't).  

Hope this helps!  You ain't alone, but don't make the mistake I made and venture too quickly toward mush, you will probably regret it like I did!  
JoolieBoolie
on 6/7/12 9:12 am - St. Thomas, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/11/12
Full fluids got very boring for me very fast.  I stuck with things like cream of wheat, oat bran, cream soups(strained) s/f f/f puddings, V8, f/f cottage cheese, applesauce, premier nutrition protein shakes and a ton of greek yogurt.

HW 363lbs SW 283lbs
spice
on 6/7/12 9:38 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/29/12
Hi Tracey
OMG you read my mind! I am going nuts on the full fluids. My surgery was the day before you and last night I stopped at the grocery store and got ricotta cheese and a jar of low sugar ( I think it was less than 4 grams) of tomato sauce. I mixed a 1/2 cup of ricotta with a couple of spoonfuls of sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and heated it up in the microwave for about 45 secs. Delish!
It tasted like the good gooey part of lasagna! I have not had any dumping or vomiting thank god. I really feel normal and I all I want to do is chew on a piece of meat. We'll get there in time! How are you feeling post op?
Most Active
Recent Topics