Day 9 of Optifast

NorthernStar
on 6/11/12 10:48 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Day 9 of 21 and I'm still alive so it can't be too bad! I still feel hungry and my tummy has been growling but I chug down some more water and that seems to make it shut up. I have stayed 100% on plan except for a cup of regular Jell-O that my hubby picked up at the grocery store (I didn't realize it wasn't the no-sugar-added until I went in the fridge the next day). I am now fully stocked up on the no-sugar-added stuff

The scale has been up and down which is getting frustrating. I was down 10.5 lbs last week, and have been up a pound, then down a pount, then up a pound, etc ever since. Right now, I'm technically only 4 lbs down over my PATTS weight. I don't want to come to end of this and not have lost some weight. I don't want it to look like I didn't follow the Opti because I have been doing my best and stuck to the plan! I'm very frustrated over this.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 10:51 pm, edited 6/11/12 10:51 pm - Straford, Canada
 Day 19 of my 21 optifast my daughter and I were in a movie, when the people in front of us turned around and shushed us.  It was my tummy growling (or roaring I should say)!  We couldn't help laugh, which made them move.  As my foreman used to say at Moosehead, "keep 'er goin'"!  
Brenda T.
on 6/11/12 10:57 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
It is exciting to see another day go by and be successful!! It's empowering.

lol ChangingB4URI about the movie theatre. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

staceycvd
on 6/11/12 11:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18
I'm new to all of this and I only just got my referral. What is optifast?
NorthernStar
on 6/11/12 11:59 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
lol @ ChangingB4URI, that's a pretty loud growl!

Optifast is the liquid diet you have to follow before surgery. Most folks do 2-4 weeks. It depends on your centre. You will read a lot about it on this forum!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/12 12:07 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Congrats!! Not much longer!!
Patm
on 6/12/12 4:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I wouldn't worry too much about what you lose on optifast. It is mostly water loss and with me I gained it back in the hospital from the fluids they pumped into me. the real weigh lose will start after the surgery. Good luck with the optifast

Most Active
Recent Topics