For those 3 - 4 weeks post op - what are you eating?

Tracey H.
on 6/15/12 1:41 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
I was hoping that those that are 3 - 4 weeks post op could post a sample of what they are eating in a day.

I am still feeling pretty weak and just want to make sure that I'm eating enough. I am definately drinking enough, but not sure about food intakes.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Tracey 

northernlight
on 6/15/12 2:07 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Tracey!

I'm 34 days post-op & here's an average day for me:

B - 1 small scrambled egg with 1 oz of low-fat cheese OR 1/2 c of Greek yogurt.
S - Protein shake.
L - 1/3 cup of tuna salad or chicken salad w low-fat mayo & 2 or 3 Saltine crackers.
S - 1/2 c of SF Jello OR 1/3 c of SF yogurt.
D - 4 oz baked fish or chicken with a bit of a green vegetable OR 3/4 c of soup.

Sometimes my snacks are a very small fruit plate of cut-up pineapple, strawberries, raspberries & grapes (1 or 2 of each) or a piece of Babybel cheese or a SF popsicle.  I make sure to drink lots of water and get at least 1 protein shake in each day.

I still manage to fill up pretty quickly and have to remind myself to eat slowly.  I'll be curious to hear what others are eating.  Take it slow & easy, Tracey!

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 7:23 am - Straford, Canada
 op day may 28.  a usual day lloks like this...

vitamins/calcium/vit d
coffee, black
about 20 minutes later, cream of wheat or oatmeal with a teaspoon of maple syrup.

snack; smoothie

lunch tuna or white fish, chewed really well, lite baby belle cheese, 4 crackers

snack; smoothie

supper; baked chicken chewed really well with boiled potato or pureed soup or chili with a few melba toast.

snack; greek yoghurt with fresh fruit
Tracey H.
on 6/15/12 8:41 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Wow! You had surgery 2 days before me and i'm not eating anywhere near that.

I think i'm babying myself too much.

I have no appetite 

What is in your smoothie?

Tracey

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 9:10 am - Straford, Canada
 smoothie; .5 cup soy milk, .5 cup unflavoured greek yoghurt, 5-6 berries (strawberries and raspberries are good prices right now, but whatever you like, a handful of frozen blueberries, etc), one scoop vanilla protein powder.  After blending I add a couple of ice cubes and blend again id its the afternoon.  every once in a while I add a half a fresh banana to this too, but can't take the banana flavour too often.

I found in my second week I started feeling nauseish (sp?) a lot.  Then finally I at a small amount of tuna, chewing really well and voila I felt good.  The next day, nausea, ate and it went away!  I have never felt nauseau like this before (other than flu time), but when I feel that I eat and it goes away.  I don't like it but it tells me when I must eat.  

My taste's are completely different post op!  I didn't care for tuna before, I like it now.  I could have eaten a whole bag of oreos before op day, now more than five strawberries and stuff is too sweet!  Its gonna be much easier to take the weight off, but weird, like really wierd!  And water, I HATED water before but have tried all kinds of flavours to add to water and they all make me sick they're so sweet!  So plain water it is!  

I have hundreds of cookbooks and spend many hours pouring over recipes online, so if you need a recipe for something, let me know.  I'll try and help.  

Most Active
Recent Topics